Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your skin is so dry and flaky confused.gif

I'm on day 1 and haven't experienced any dryness yet, might be bc I'm on a small dosage and I've always used bp to treat my acne.

I'm sure everything will get better with time though. Be strong smile.png  don't give up yet!

"A new journey to be started.
A new promise to be fulfilled.
A new page to be written.
Go forth unto this waiting world with pen in hand, all you young scribes,
the open book awaits.
Be creative.
Be adventurous.
Be original.
And above all else, b
e young.
For youth is your greatest weapon, your greatest tool.
Use it wisely.”

#22 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your skin is so dry and flaky confused.gif

I'm on day 1 and haven't experienced any dryness yet, might be bc I'm on a small dosage and I've always used bp to treat my acne.

I'm sure everything will get better with time though. Be strong smile.png  don't give up yet!

I know- the dryness snuck up on me too!  I am only using a pea sized amount twice per day.  I don't plan on upping the dosage till this flaking is under control.  I ordered jojoba oil so as soon as it arrives i'll give it a go.   I'll stay strong, especially due to all the support i have.  We all seemed to be starting around the same time so hoping for some common success amongst us.  You should  start a log (not sure if your previous post is the beginning of one) as it will help you track progress.

Good Luck

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#23 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Did you get the one made by Dan? I think I might get some I just don't know what brand. I'm going to be looking at your log everyday so you have my support :)
Yes, the one I started will be my log from now on. It's weird that we all just started but at least we're going through this together, I'm just glad that I'm not alone :)
the open book awaits.
Be creative.
Be adventurous.
Be original.
And above all else, b
e young.
Use it wisely.”

#24 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

UPDATE:

I am stopping my morning application of the regimen moisturizer as it is turning my flakes yellow and very brightly so.  I have neutrogenia for sensitive skin and even though i don't love it, it will hopefully keep me somewhat moisturized.  i will still use Dan's moisturizer at night.  When my jojoba oil arrives, i will try it with Dan's moisturizer.  I can definitely see why people want to give up so soon.  Maybe i should have waited for the summer to try this.

Hang in there, Sasch. Sorry to hear about the flaking problems. Hopefully when your jojoba oil arrives that will help out a lot with the dryness, most people on this site swear by the jojoba oil. I picked up a bottle today too at GNC just to be prepared for when I start next week. Question for you: During your first week, did you only use the BP as a nightly thing? I'm wondering if I should apply both daily and nightly as the Regimen says to do normally, of if I should kinda get my face used to the process gradually by just skipping the BP portion during my daily facial cleanse.

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#25 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

UPDATE:

I am stopping my morning application of the regimen moisturizer as it is turning my flakes yellow and very brightly so.  I have neutrogenia for sensitive skin and even though i don't love it, it will hopefully keep me somewhat moisturized.  i will still use Dan's moisturizer at night.  When my jojoba oil arrives, i will try it with Dan's moisturizer.  I can definitely see why people want to give up so soon.  Maybe i should have waited for the summer to try this.

Hang in there, Sasch. Sorry to hear about the flaking problems. Hopefully when your jojoba oil arrives that will help out a lot with the dryness, most people on this site swear by the jojoba oil. I picked up a bottle today too at GNC just to be prepared for when I start next week. Question for you: During your first week, did you only use the BP as a nightly thing? I'm wondering if I should apply both daily and nightly as the Regimen says to do normally, of if I should kinda get my face used to the process gradually by just skipping the BP portion during my daily facial cleanse.

Hi there! I know the question is directed to Sasch, but just my two cents on the matter. Go slowly on the BP!! I can't stress that enough for new regimen users. When I started I was fearless and doing the whole finger full of BP twice a day AND using 5% BP...it was terrible. I switched to 2.5% a little after a week and it felt like my face was botoxed to death. It was hard to make any sort of facial expression and it was painful too. Even yawning was kind of out of the question. Hahaha. It seems funny to me now, but during the first few weeks, it really want pretty. So go slow. Once a day with a small amount and do a slow gradual ramp up to the full amount.

Good luck! :)

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#26 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Did you get the one made by Dan? I think I might get some I just don't know what brand. I'm going to be looking at your log everyday so you have my support smile.png
Yes, the one I started will be my log from now on. It's weird that we all just started but at least we're going through this together, I'm just glad that I'm not alone smile.png

I did get Dan's as i wanted to start off with the right products but it's not for me.  It doesn't sink in even when you let it sit and it turns your flakes yellow (which for me is the biggest drawback).  He recommends 3 others, one of which i am switching to in the a.m. (neutrogenia).  You may have better luck with it though so take my experience with it with a grain of salt.

I know what i mean - it's great to have that support system.  we can compare notes and help each other carry on

UPDATE:

Keeping my fingers crossed about the jojoba oil.  When i first started i only used a pea sized amount ONLY at night and i advise doing that.  I am now using bp, pea sized amount twice a day and dryness has ramped up.

i would recommend starting to over moisturize from early on too!

UPDATE:

Hi there! I know the question is directed to Sasch, but just my two cents on the matter. Go slowly on the BP!! I can't stress that enough for new regimen users. When I started I was fearless and doing the whole finger full of BP twice a day AND using 5% BP...it was terrible. I switched to 2.5% a little after a week and it felt like my face was botoxed to death. It was hard to make any sort of facial expression and it was painful too. Even yawning was kind of out of the question. Hahaha. It seems funny to me now, but during the first few weeks, it really want pretty. So go slow. Once a day with a small amount and do a slow gradual ramp up to the full amount.

Good luck! smile.png

So true!  i started with a pea sized amount once a day and now i am a pea sized amount twice a day.  Should i still ramp up if my skin is still extremely dry and flaky?  i plan to stick to this amount for the current week 2 and maybe week 3 if my face still feels like this.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#27 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Did you get the one made by Dan? I think I might get some I just don't know what brand. I'm going to be looking at your log everyday so you have my support smile.png
Yes, the one I started will be my log from now on. It's weird that we all just started but at least we're going through this together, I'm just glad that I'm not alone smile.png

I did get Dan's as i wanted to start off with the right products but it's not for me.  It doesn't sink in even when you let it sit and it turns your flakes yellow (which for me is the biggest drawback).  He recommends 3 others, one of which i am switching to in the a.m. (neutrogenia).  You may have better luck with it though so take my experience with it with a grain of salt.

I know what i mean - it's great to have that support system.  we can compare notes and help each other carry on

UPDATE:

Keeping my fingers crossed about the jojoba oil.  When i first started i only used a pea sized amount ONLY at night and i advise doing that.  I am now using bp, pea sized amount twice a day and dryness has ramped up.

UPDATE:

Good luck! smile.png

So true!  i started with a pea sized amount once a day and now i am a pea sized amount twice a day.  Should i still ramp up if my skin is still extremely dry and flaky?  i plan to stick to this amount for the current week 2 and maybe week 3 if my face still feels like this.

I would assume that by the second week you would start doing it twice a day already and maybe a fourth of the recommended amount. Then by the 4th week, you should already be on the full amount. But don't take my word for it because I just didn't start the regimen on the right foot. Hahaha. I'm actually interested on how other regimen users did this step by step.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#28 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Good luck! smile.png

Is the moisturizer that goes on yellow for you or the jojoba oil?

the open book awaits.
Be creative.
Be adventurous.
Be original.
And above all else, b
e young.
Use it wisely.”

#29 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

The moisturizer is not for me - we'll see about the jojoba oil

#30 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yeah I read reviews about the moisturizer and it works for some but not everybody. What moisturizer will you use instead? I still don't know if this one will work for me.
the open book awaits.
Be creative.
Be adventurous.
Be original.
And above all else, b
e young.
Use it wisely.”

#31 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hi Sasch - hope this works out for you and that you're getting the flakiness under control! :)

I was just wondering - what are the other BP brands recommended? I know of the neutrogena on the spot one but haven't heard of the others. I'm looking for alternative regimen products as I might try it out before I ask my GP about spiro or birth control...

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#32 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Day # 11 -i am quite concerned that i am beginning to break out on my neck.  1-3 red bumps at the moment and tons of smaller goosebumps.  Is this normal.  I make sure not to get BP/Moisturizer there either....sigh.....hope i'm not trading 1 problem for another.  I think i'll try NOT moisturizing that area as i never did before and see what happens.  I hate Acne all day AND everyday. On a good note, dryness seems to not be so bad today. Didn't have to moisturize again which is a small victory for me. Maybe my face is finally getting used to 1/2 pump of BP. I won't increase though until i feel like dryness is somewhat controlled (maybe with jojoba oil?) My skin texture is HORRIBLE and my once clear forehead has many bumps and clogged pores. I know i really have to suck it up if i expect to keep this up for 3 months. Someone suggested to stop moisturizing on my neck, especially where i don't use BP to see if the goosebumps go away. I'll give it a try for a few days and report back.

Edited by Sasch83, 07 May 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#33 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Day # 11 -i am quite concerned that i am beginning to break out on my neck.  1-3 red bumps at the moment and tons of smaller goosebumps.  Is this normal.  I make sure not to get BP/Moisturizer there either....sigh.....hope i'm not trading 1 problem for another.  I think i'll try NOT moisturizing that area as i never did before and see what happens.  I hate Acne all day AND everydayeusa_wall.gif

I'm right there with you with the year round acne hatred! :P Sorry to hear about the neck breakout, I tend to breakout around my neck sometimes too like beneath my jawline area. Keeping the BP away from the neck is probably a good idea, I've found in the past whenever I use BP or a topical on my neck it gets really red and irritated, like the skin is thinner/more sensitive there. 

Daily Regimen:
-Dan's 2.5% BP 

Nightly Regimen:
-Dan's 2.5% BP

#34 smsm

smsm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Day # 11 -i am quite concerned that i am beginning to break out on my neck.  1-3 red bumps at the moment and tons of smaller goosebumps.  Is this normal.  I make sure not to get BP/Moisturizer there either....sigh.....hope i'm not trading 1 problem for another.  I think i'll try NOT moisturizing that area as i never did before and see what happens.  I hate Acne all day AND everydayeusa_wall.gif

acne  angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png 
be strong and don't give up like i did!!

can you put pictures of some areas on ur face??i would like to see how b.p made ur skin look like (coz mine was VERY red)...if you don't mind :D

#35 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

:( are you sure you're not touching that area?

I've been using the cleanser there and it feels like they're clearing up, maybe just use the cleanser but not the bp or moisturizer?

I hate acne too dry.png

the open book awaits.
Be creative.
Be adventurous.
Be original.
And above all else, b
e young.
Use it wisely.”

#36 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah I read reviews about the moisturizer and it works for some but not everybody. What moisturizer will you use instead? I still don't know if this one will work for me.

Neutrogenia for sensitive skin - i hate it but at least my face is not yellow

Hi Sasch - hope this works out for you and that you're getting the flakiness under control! smile.png

I was just wondering - what are the other BP brands recommended? I know of the neutrogena on the spot one but haven't heard of the others. I'm looking for alternative regimen products as I might try it out before I ask my GP about spiro or birth control...

I hope so too Lilly - it feels as if i've been suffering with this disease forever!  Neutrogenia on the spot is the only other BP treatment i know.  You can google and see what else there is out there.  Also, check ebay and amazon.  You should definitely give it a try before jumping into hormonal stuff.  Good Luck1

acne  angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png 
be strong and don't give up like i did!!

can you put pictures of some areas on ur face??i would like to see how b.p made ur skin look like (coz mine was VERY red)...if you don't mind biggrin.png

I don't think you gave up.  You did what was best for YOU.  Maybe when your skin has calmed down you can try again?  Redness has not been an issue for me yet.  I haven't taken any pictures yet as i am trying to avoid mirrors but when i do i can certainly PM you.

#37 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi Sasch - hope this works out for you and that you're getting the flakiness under control! smile.png

I hope so too Lilly - it feels as if i've been suffering with this disease forever!  Neutrogenia on the spot is the only other BP treatment i know.  You can google and see what else there is out there.  Also, check ebay and amazon.  You should definitely give it a try before jumping into hormonal stuff.  Good Luck1

Oh I must have mis-read something earlier- I thought you knew of others.

But thanks for that Sasch :) Hopefully I can find a suitable BP to use then

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#38 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Day # 12 - Almost 2 weeks in!

I want to start of saying that my jojoba oil came in and hot damn, it's the shits!  I applied 3 drops to Dan's moisturizer and the difference in dryness is amazing - so much more moisturizing!  The down side is that i could clearly make out where my acne had grown worse ( i have several inflamed bumps that i had not noticed before).  My biggest fear with the jojoba oil is that i will break me out but i guess i'll have to wait and see as The Regimen has already broken me out considerably on my forehead and in other areas.  I realize that this a process but i would be lying if i said i wasn't nervous about it

My neck area is getting worse and the dryness/itchiness is killing me.  I have stopped applying all product there and will give it a week to see if it improves.

#39 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Day # 12 - Almost 2 weeks in!

I want to start of saying that my jojoba oil came in and hot damn, it's the shits!  I applied 3 drops to Dan's moisturizer and the difference in dryness is amazing - so much more moisturizing!  The down side is that i could clearly make out where my acne had grown worse ( i have several inflamed bumps that i had not noticed before).  My biggest fear with the jojoba oil is that i will break me out but i guess i'll have to wait and see as The Regimen has already broken me out considerably on my forehead and in other areas.  I realize that this a process but i would be lying if i said i wasn't nervous about it

My neck area is getting worse and the dryness/itchiness is killing me.  I have stopped applying all product there and will give it a week to see if it improves.

The jojoba oil is definitely wonderful! I'm using Cetaphil as my moisturizer and it tends to be pretty thick, but the jojoba oil makes it sooo much easier to apply and much less thick. Keep on truckin' Sasch...I hope your neck area stops giving you problems soon. 

Daily Regimen:
-Dan's 2.5% BP 

Nightly Regimen:
-Dan's 2.5% BP

#40 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

UPDATE:

The jojoba oil may have to go.  Things seemed fine last night but this morning my face is red and splotchy - a sure fire sign that i am about to have a first class breakout.  Dammit, i can't catch a break.  I'll see how things progress throughout the day and i may continue to use throughout the weekend but IDK.  These bumps that are coming up are tiny red bumps (clogged pores) - the redness is mostly around my mouth/chin area (acne central).   This reminds me of when i had a facial and even though my skin felt smooth, those little fuckers just popped up and of course i broke out bad.  Not sure what to do.  Push through or shelf yet another product?

UPDATE# 2:

So after careful consideration, i have decided to shelve the jojoba oil....for now.  I can always use it for my hands and body.  I am also switching from Dan's moisturizer to my Neutrogenia for Sensitive Skin as it has never made a difference good or bad with my acne and it doesn't leave my face dry and as flaky.  It sucks about the oil though as it really made the moisturizer go on so much better and my face feel smoother.  My 'no mirrors' rule is getting harder to follow and i find myself analyzing my skin as it gets worse and worse (almost to pre-tane level).  Emotionally, i am drained, anxious, scared, worried and havign flashbacks of the terrible summer i had in both 2011 and 2012.  I can't allow myself to go through that again.  May we all stay strong together!

Edited by Sasch83, 09 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users