Photo

My Regimen Did Not Work Out After All :( But Found New Regimen ;)

clogged pores small bumps blocked pores small pimples closed comedones blackheads whiteheads pimples acne comedones

64 replies to this topic

#41 priyankaa

priyankaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hey guys my skin is still going exceleenttttt its still clear and my forehead is really clear which is a big surprise for me because my forehead has never been clear like this I'm so excited! I will post pics soon, been so busy just finished my degree plus have so many family weddings birthdays in the coming days so much shopping lol! But by the 31st of may i will be sure to tell you guys of my miraculous regimen plus any tips etc. :)))))

#42 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Tell us your new regimen! Pleasee

#43 getridofacne32

getridofacne32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I used to have a ton of these, they dont really show unless a room has bad lighting. Found out I wasn't drinking nearly enough water, and as soon as I started drinking 8-10 cups a day they went away. Try the same!

#44 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Really? Did they just dry up and come out of your skin or did you just stop getting new ones?

I used to have a ton of these, they dont really show unless a room has bad lighting. Found out I wasn't drinking nearly enough water, and as soon as I started drinking 8-10 cups a day they went away. Try the same!

#45 getridofacne32

getridofacne32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Really? Did they just dry up and come out of your skin or did you just stop getting new ones?

Not sure, after a week or so of drinking enough water they got smaller and smaller, until they went away. Later I found out what happens is your body is full of toxins it need to get rid of and when it has a shortage of water it just sends these toxins to your skin and they stay there until they get enough water to carry them out. 

#46 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

My skin looks the same, and Acne treatments aren't really helping at all! I wonder how it could have developed this?

Do you think Tea Tree products would help and plain natural yogurt seeing as it's a fungus? I checked the ingredients of H&S it contains no ketacanazole and also Dimethicone which is a known pore clogging ingredient. Beware. 

And BTW your skin looks amazing, it's healed up incredibly well! I wish my skin looked like yours! I've had these stubborn bumps for months.

Edited by Madeleine24, 23 May 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#47 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

You have to get Nizoral that has the ketacanazole in it. Currently in America it seems you can only buy it online. Walgreens has stopped carrying it.

However, just because you have clogged pores doesn't meant it is yeast really unless you are itching. The reason the Nizoral works for some with clogged pores is because Ketacanazole works as and anti androgen in the skin, deceasing sebum, kinda sorta like topical Spiro.

If its not actually yeast, You would probably be better getting on Spiro and a retinoid to clear your pores.

My skin looks the same, and Acne treatments aren't really helping at all! I wonder how it could have developed this?

Do you think Tea Tree products would help and plain natural yogurt seeing as it's a fungus? I checked the ingredients of H&S it contains no ketacanazole and also Dimethicone which is a known pore clogging ingredient. Beware. 

And BTW your skin looks amazing, it's healed up incredibly well! I wish my skin looked like yours! I've had these stubborn bumps for months.

#48 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

i wasn't  aware ketaconazole is comdegenic.

not all bumps are fungal though.

sometimes they also have heads.

some of my tiny bumps fo develop(sometimes) in the later stage(i guess they purge out or whatever).

http://www.acne.org/...iteheads-alert/

#49 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

some of my tiny bumps fo develop(sometimes) in the later stage(i guess they purge out or whatever).

Ketacanazole isn't comedegenic, but there is some controversy surrounding the ingredient "diemethicone" which is a silicone which is in Head and Shoulders (and most products). It's not in Nizoral though. It's not actually a known comdegenic but it does create a film over the skin which is said to trap the bacteria in and some people get pimples from it.Agreed, I don't even think my bumps are fungal, although the bumps near my hair line are a little itchy so it could be worth trying the Nizoral there. 

#50 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I think she was saying the dimethicone is compdegenic.

#51 priyankaa

priyankaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Tell us your new regimen! Pleasee

Yupp will definately tell all very soon! :-)

Yes you are quite right about the water thing! However I don't really drink that much water but I have eliminated all caffeine from my diet because before I was clear I was drinking coke, pepsi etc as a substitute for water for most of my meals now I drink water with meals and if I really have to have soda I have a sprite or orange soda just the ones without caffeine in it. Water really does make a difference!!!

Awww thank you :) what acne products do you use? I have tried tea tree oil, it does somewhat help with my redness and kind of minimised the size of pimples but I really don't think it eliminated them. They were still there. As for yoghurt I have not heard anyone use it? And have not used it myself so don't know about that one :S  

#52 priyankaa

priyankaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hey all just going to post recent pics. I just went to my bathroom and took it now hehe! This is all after cleansing and applying moisturiser in the morning. Must remind you that I have large visible pores right now and you can see it in the pics and its only because I am just about to get my you know what and that's why skin is more oilier than usual and pores are huge!! Plus I had 3-4 new pimples (some small some medium) but that's because I usually get them before I get my you know what tongue.png What can I say, after all I am a female..... But they healed (and some healing currently) so fast and I broke out mainly on my left cheek as usual where I always break out. However I did not get a single break out on my forehead and it has been clear ever since I started my new regimen.

My Cheekily cheeks with a bright light in the room..

Attached File  2.jpg   65.62K   1 downloads          Attached File  1.jpg   62.48K   1 downloads 

My Cheeks with no light and only natural light from an overly large window..

Attached File  5.jpg   48.46K   1 downloads          Attached File  4.jpg   48.03K   0 downloads

My Forehead in both bright light and natural light..

Attached File  3.jpg   58.57K   0 downloads        

Attached File  6.jpg   54.91K   0 downloads

For those of you who do not want to return to the first page of comments to see how my skin actually looked before my new regimen here are some pics..

Attached File  Cheeks8.jpg   94.31K   0 downloads

Attached File  Cheeks9.jpg   106.75K   0 downloads

Now all I need is to find something to reduce my redness and scars and also try to find any good supplements for hormones because I hate getting hormonal break outs (the ones you get right before the you know what)

Let me know what all your thoughts are smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

#53 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Your skin looks amazing so clear :). My skin is slowly healing and then got a new breakout on the chin. Frustration (Think hormones also). So what is your secret ;)?

#54 priyankaa

priyankaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hey all I have posted up my new regimen. Its on the first page...

#55 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

congratulations!

am pretty sure they were clogged pores.

be careful about the SLS in ur wash though!

cheers!

#56 Sankofa1

Sankofa1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

great results...do u think I can use a salicylic face wash in the morning..and then apply the retin a at night?

#57 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

hey priyanka, does your live tonic supplement help you a lot??

#58 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

I sometimes use SA liquid in the morning and always use my retin a at night. I feel like it helps dry stuff up but sometimes irritates my face if I do it too often. A wash would probably be less potent than the 2% Paula's Choice BHA liquid I use though.

Congrats Prinyaka, looks like the SA wash and Benzyl peroxide spot treatment are working for you.

great results...do u think I can use a salicylic face wash in the morning..and then apply the retin a at night?

#59 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

I am impressed that the clean and clear is working. I never liked their products that much. I actually use a clay cleanser myself and it's not drying at all. I love it.

#60 priyankaa

priyankaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

I guess you can. What SA product are you planning to use? I, in general, don't really like retin a. Its such a long process and drags on and on! I achieved great results with normal non prescription products in less than the time it takes to see even a slight result with retin a. But i guess if you are a patient person maybe the benefits of retin a would be good. But then again retin a doesn't always work miracles for everyone. I had such high hopes for when i was using it and was let down really bad. Are you currently using the cream or gel version? I think the gel one is recommended for oily acne prone skin and the cream one is more for wrinkles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users