Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watermelon!good Or Bad?

6 posts in this topic

hey!

watermelon has crazy good reviews while some scare u off!

what are ur views on watermelon??

it's got high water content and high GI.

it's got very good vitamin content and is said to be acne-fighting.

ur thoughts?

Having just finished off half a watermelon, I'd say its delicious and healthy! Yeah, high GI, but eating fruits with higher fructose contents has been shown to be metabolically beneficial up to a point. If you're worried about GI of fruits, you can also eat them with vegetables, fats, or proteins to slow digestion. But I wouldn't worry all that much

Unless you're sensitive to it or have fructose malabsorbtion

1 person likes this

I lived off of watermelon for a whole year.. along with other fruits.. it cleared me :) so I would say its one of the best foods in the world for you.. one time it was all I ate or mainly what i ate for 2 weeks.. perfectly clear, more energy and ran an hour a day :) also was at my ideal wight ... if your scared of it try eating it for a few days striaght just kinda like a mini cleanse.. my dad eats it all the time just to help his system get moving.. its actually his fave food and one of mine too.. when I break my fast thats waht I will be breaking it with.. or coconnut water

It's a source of lycopene that doesn't require cooking. Lycopene is anti androgen. It's mostly water. And it's magic on a hot day.

Having just finished off half a watermelon, I'd say its delicious and healthy! Yeah, high GI, but eating fruits with higher fructose contents has been shown to be metabolically beneficial up to a point. If you're worried about GI of fruits, you can also eat them with vegetables, fats, or proteins to slow digestion. But I wouldn't worry all that much

Unless you're sensitive to it or have fructose malabsorbtion

No prob!! Yes I loved a good watermelon.. Gods fruit!