aha

6 replies to this topic

#1 ct94

ct94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Has anyone here used this? I'm trying to decide between ordering that or the Acne.org brand AHA and figuring out which one works best. 

#2 Garza

Garza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

I don't have an answer for you; I'm in to see what others have to say. I just started using Dan's AHA+ yesterday (after five weeks on the regimen) but if I could lay my hands on the AH Enhanced lotion in future it would be more cost effective for me so I'm keen to see how people feel about it, specifically as a regular addition to the regimen. The reviews on this site seem to be generally positive but I realise not all reviewers will be using it as part of the regimen.

Edited by Garza, 25 April 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Morning routine:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - original

Acne.org Treatment

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturiser SPF 15 - sensitive skin

Evening routine:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - original

Acne.org Treatment

Acne.org AHA+ or Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free - sensitive skin

Make up:

Bare Minerals Original Foundation & Mineral Veil

#3 ct94

ct94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Anyone?

#4 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Used both and Dan's worked better personally... Wasn't as irritating as the Alpha Hydroxy formula

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#5 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

The Alpha Hydrox brand works great for me. I've been using it for about two months and it speeds up the healing process of my zits and post-acne marks. I use it every night without a moisturizer because it's already very moisturizing (and I have oily skin). It will "red" you if you're not already used to glycolic acid, but it usually subsides after a week of using it. I've never tried Dan's AHA because of the higher price, but I'd definitely give it a shot. Heck, try them both! AHA is worth utilizing in it's many forms and if you find that it works, more power to you...smile.png

"It is not the perfect, but the imperfect, who have need of love.

It is when we are wounded by our own hands, or by the hands of others,

that love should come to cure us - else what use is love at all?"

-Oscar Wilde

#6 norcalash

norcalash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Just started using the Alpha Hydrox lotion, so can't say too much yet. I haven't tried Dan's. I can report that it has not irritated or stung my face thus far

#7 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, health, nutrition, fitness, overall wellness, cars, and tennis.

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Many people have reported that the AH lotion is comedogenic (clogs pores) which was the case for me. When I used it on my face it caused small bumps that were not acne. Get the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment instead. It's a great AHA treatment that won't clog pores and definitely helped my acne. I use it every day. I would highly recommend their Foaming Face Wash also for a gentle cleanser.

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users