tca scars red marks

4 replies to this topic

#1 havefaith

havefaith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I had a painful pimple appear, popped it, it got infected, etc etc.. Same old story. It healed after 2 weeks and I was left with redness and a pretty obvious hole. After a few days of looking at that hole in the mirror, I decided to give it a TCA treatment. I cleaned my face with alcohol and mixed 100% tca with water. Mixed 1 drop of water with 2 drops of TCA and then 2 drops of water with 1 drop of TCA... Decided to use the stronger solution for the hole and the weaker for some red marks.

Bought wooden toothpicks and bandaids. Broke the toothpick in half, soaked it in the solution, pressed it to the hole. Held it for a few seconds. The thing began to frost and burn a little. Its not really painful. As soon as it started to get painful, I splashed water on it. Then repeated the same thing again, thinking that maybe I didnt burn it enough.

Then I used the weaker solution on a couple of old but persistent red spots and also on an old rolling scar that used to be a hole before I used TCA on it. Finally, I put the stronger TCA into a hole scar in my shoulder, which had been really bad before I first tried TCA on it, and was OK now, but still an obvious hole.. I just did it to see what would happen, as an experiment. The scar on the arm didnt bother me either way.

I put bandaids on the shoulder and the hole on my forehead and went to sleep. The crusts eventually formed and the scars/red marks were pretty ugly for 7-10 days. After 2 weeks the one over the hole fell off. At first, I thought the redness and intent were about the same, but as a few days passed, the redness diminished significantly and so did the indent. The red marks both disappeared. The old rolling scar looks about the same, maybe slightly better (10%?) but its hard to tell. The arm still has the crust on it after 2 weeks.. I dot remember, but maybe I used a stronger solution on it or burned it longer. However, just looking at that crust, the hole seems to have filled in quite a bit

conclusion:

I think TCA is a better and quicker method than dermarolling or stamping. Tried both and this is way superior.

It's kind of scary and not for dark skin, but this is my 2nd experience with it and it seems to work for me. I may do it for some of my other scars, but the downtime worries me (for a week or two, any treated area will look pretty terrible)

#2 moreimpossible

moreimpossible

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

I had a painful pimple appear, popped it, it got infected, etc etc.. Same old story. It healed after 2 weeks and I was left with redness and a pretty obvious hole. After a few days of looking at that hole in the mirror, I decided to give it a TCA treatment. I cleaned my face with alcohol and mixed 100% tca with water. Mixed 1 drop of water with 2 drops of TCA and then 2 drops of water with 1 drop of TCA... Decided to use the stronger solution for the hole and the weaker for some red marks.

Bought wooden toothpicks and bandaids. Broke the toothpick in half, soaked it in the solution, pressed it to the hole. Held it for a few seconds. The thing began to frost and burn a little. Its not really painful. As soon as it started to get painful, I splashed water on it. Then repeated the same thing again, thinking that maybe I didnt burn it enough.

Then I used the weaker solution on a couple of old but persistent red spots and also on an old rolling scar that used to be a hole before I used TCA on it. Finally, I put the stronger TCA into a hole scar in my shoulder, which had been really bad before I first tried TCA on it, and was OK now, but still an obvious hole.. I just did it to see what would happen, as an experiment. The scar on the arm didnt bother me either way.

I put bandaids on the shoulder and the hole on my forehead and went to sleep. The crusts eventually formed and the scars/red marks were pretty ugly for 7-10 days. After 2 weeks the one over the hole fell off. At first, I thought the redness and intent were about the same, but as a few days passed, the redness diminished significantly and so did the indent. The red marks both disappeared. The old rolling scar looks about the same, maybe slightly better (10%?) but its hard to tell. The arm still has the crust on it after 2 weeks.. I dot remember, but maybe I used a stronger solution on it or burned it longer. However, just looking at that crust, the hole seems to have filled in quite a bit

conclusion:

I think TCA is a better and quicker method than dermarolling or stamping. Tried both and this is way superior.

It's kind of scary and not for dark skin, but this is my 2nd experience with it and it seems to work for me. I may do it for some of my other scars, but the downtime worries me (for a week or two, any treated area will look pretty terrible)

OP... please update us! 

#3 Minty Peas

Minty Peas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

It's good to hear that you found something that works for you! 

At first I thought this was going to be another horror story of someone accidentally making their scars worse. eusa_doh.gif

#4 Eheheh

Eheheh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Why is TCA Cross a bad idea for dark skin? I thought it was applied directly and only to the scar tissue?

#5 havefaith

havefaith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

OK... a little update... 

TCA applied to the scar in concentration of about 66% or more works. But it takes time to see the results.

So dont be in a rush.. The skin improves more when you're chilled out and can just forget about it.

Needling or dermastamping also works... And works best mixed with copper peptides... actually peptides applied after TCA (after a few days) are also good.

For my own skin, some areas didnt respond to dermastamp or needling, so TCAd them.. And it helped.. Later I dermastamped these areas and got further improvements. So I reccomend mixing the two methods, but give it some time in between

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users