My Current Acne Medication

acne medication acne products

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocker165

Rocker165

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:God, Books, Fashion, The Walking Dead, Social Science, and many moreeeee

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

So I finally went to a dermatologist yesterday. He gave my antibiotic( Doxycycline) and I have to take that two times a day for two weeks. He also gave me Erythromycin gel, Benzoyl Peroxide, Miconazole cream plus a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic facial wash. So what can you say about this? Did your doctor give you the same? or some of these stuff? By the way, I have to use all of these for two weeks and after that, I need to come back. I have moderate acne.

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

So I finally went to a dermatologist yesterday. He gave my antibiotic( Doxycycline) and I have to take that two times a day for two weeks. He also gave me Erythromycin gel, Benzoyl Peroxide, Miconazole cream plus a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic facial wash. So what can you say about this? Did your doctor give you the same? or some of these stuff? By the way, I have to use all of these for two weeks and after that, I need to come back. I have moderate acne.

I was on minocycline for about three months. I used it with my regular cetaphil facial wash and the antibiotics did clear my acne but it came back about 10 months alter. I hope you get long term results with your regimen.

#3 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Surfing the web x; Movies and tv x; Family x; My fiance x; Nursing (dedicated student :P)

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

When I went to the doctor I was prescribed doxycycline also for 100mg for 2 weeks, then after that 50mg for the next 3 months. This is because my acne was very inflammed and sore, plus I was changing birth controls over to one for acne and it needs 3 months to kick in. I am on my 2nd month now and just noticing results.

#4 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Wow lots of stuff all at once. I've used all of that stuff or variations thereof, but at different times. Seems like your derm is trying to annihilate your acne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users