Effects Of Accutane On Hair

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mamato3

Mamato3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

I started Claravis Sept 11, 2011 and went off it February 14, 2012, so a 5 month treatment. Two weeks into treatment my hair started coming out. I was freaked out, obviously! They lowered my dose. My still continually shed though. My hair has thinned out all over. No bald spots, and thinned out more so on the right side than the left and also the back thinned more too. Anyway, the shedding slowed down a lot for a while, but the shedding started again like 2 months ago and I'm so scared! My hair was never thin before taking claravis and never ever came out like this. There's hair everywhere! All over my floor, in the shower, my hair brush, on me! 😔. Anyone else in the same boat?

#2 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:finished taking Roaccutane December 2010.
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    Doseage: 60:40 mg alternating daily for 11/12 months
    Sideffects:None till course was over.
    Now - SEVERE dry/brittle hair.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    My side effects include: Chronic Dry mouth
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin
    Facial fat atrophy - fatloss. Hollow eyes & cheeks

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

What have you done to treat it so far and hows the dryness?

#3 Mamato3

Mamato3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

I'm going to start hair skin and nail vitamin. When I use product it's not too dry but after a day it becomes dry, I guess when the product wears off, i dont know. I don't even know what the hell is normal with my hair anymore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users