Photo
Accutane

Smoking?

Best Answer LewisS, 22 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Smoking shouldn't affect your course of accutane whatsoever. The only reason drinking isn't recommended is that it stops the medication working. You wouldn't die or anything. Smoking is fine on any medication, but like nycqueen said, it's terrible for the skin. 

You do mean cigarettes right...?

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 Nowhere man

Nowhere man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

hey guys.. ima smoker, so like will smoking affect the accutane doing its job?     my derm said i shouldnt drink, but said nothing of smoking

#2 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

You shouldn't smoke because it's just horrible for your skin, however I haven't heard of any adverse effects while on Accutane... :-/

#3 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:04 AM   Best Answer

Smoking shouldn't affect your course of accutane whatsoever. The only reason drinking isn't recommended is that it stops the medication working. You wouldn't die or anything. Smoking is fine on any medication, but like nycqueen said, it's terrible for the skin. 

You do mean cigarettes right...?

Edited by LewisS, 22 April 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#4 Tangowithlions

Tangowithlions

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

it might sound weird, but, here i go. i noticed my skin looks better if i smoke. i cannot come up with a scientific evidence of that because i.ve done no research on it, yet i have to mention i smoke only two cigarettes a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. i.m not encouraging smoking, haha, because i.m aware of its negative effects. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users