Photo

How Has Having Acne Affacted Your Relationship With God?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am a believer in God as i have had other challenges in my life besides acne that God has seen me through (including one suicide attempt).  With that said, i do question him alot, especially during difficult times likes these.  I have come to realize though that God is like a parent, he guides us and dotes on us but doesn't necessarily give us what we need.  He may not deliver us from the bad times but i  know he helps get us through them.  He's one of the reason i haven't given up fighting this disease as well as depression

Just curious, what are your thoughts on God not helping some and giving them perfectly normal lifes and giving others perfectly normal lifes? I to have thought about suicide after half a decade of going through this curse but i simply can not see why their is absolutely no response from God while many other kids are out their disobeying his "10 Commandments" by adultering, disrespecting parents, killing, stealing, worshiping other Gods etc...... and yet they seem to be living normal healthy lives.

I really dislike the "They will get it in hell" answer to this question also. Not as much as I dislike the "It's in his divine plan" excuse though.

Answer me this, if you have had acne non stop for 10 years would you still believe in God? What about 25 years?

I can't give you a definitive answer as i don't know why certain people glide through life while others struggle.  Why was Nelson Mandela imprisoned for so long?  Why did MLK get assassinated?  Why do kids die?  The world is an unfair place and sometimes bad things happen to very good people.  It think God wants to strengthen us through these experiences and i'm sure many of us are more COMPASSIONATE and LOVING people due to our acne.  We are the first to welcome a new friend and we tend to be the least judgemental.  I am not going to say that it is his divine plan but i will say that he knows the ending to our story, one that we don't.  And the fact that we have found our way to this support board, made some good connections and are leaning on each other is attestment that even though we feel abandoned, he has provided us the means to grovel through.

Just my humble opinion guy.

BTW, if you ever need to talk feel free to PM me.teehee.gif

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#22 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I've never been religious myself. Religious people just need to point to the story of Job, or if you bring up stuff like babies getting murdered they just say "God gave us freewill". They pretty much have all their bases covered. Whatever. Just weird that from all the heinous stuff happening around the world (Boston bombing for example) you "God fearing" people should be ashamed for being so selfish as to pray your acne away. If you beleive in a god I'm sure he has bigger stuff to worry about than your complexions.

#23 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've never been religious myself. Religious people just need to point to the story of Job, or if you bring up stuff like babies getting murdered they just say "God gave us freewill". They pretty much have all their bases covered. Whatever. Just weird that from all the heinous stuff happening around the world (Boston bombing for example) you "God fearing" people should be ashamed for being so selfish as to pray your acne away. If you beleive in a god I'm sure he has bigger stuff to worry about than your complexions.

Amen.
I don't see how people can read the book of Job and see it as motivational. 1. God has a bet with devil, 2. God Allows devil to destroy Jobs life and kill his children + slaves. 3. Job still has faith??????? 4. God then yells at Job and tells him not to question "his will"
Diety's gambling on peoples lifes is classic mythology.

And Yes i agree, Religious people who say things like "Don't be selfish by praying acne away" but if your acne does go away it's because God did it????

I honestly believe without religion we would be hundreds if not a thousand years more advanced and dare i say it have a cure for acne (without accutane side effects).

Just look at all the enlightment brought to us by science then to only get shunned away by religion. You saw it with Gallelio, Darwin, and Da Vinci and you still see it today with the "Born Again" christians trying to teach creationism in school. Muslims killing people in the name of Allah is another great example.

Edited by LZOMG, 28 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#24 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've been a believer in God for a long time, and acne hasn't really affected things either way. I suffered from some pretty terrible health problems growing up and bad skin problems as well. I'd miss school for weeks due to outbreaks of hives and stuff like that. So I was never blessed with good health to begin with and was used to suffering.

My religion has evolved over time to become some weird mix of christianity, buddhism, taoism, wicca, rastafarianism and some other stuff. I do spells from time to time and practice other rituals. I also pray. I believe in nature and balance and that both light and darkness must exist in the realm we reside in. I've never been one to look at bad things in the world and whine about "How can God exist if there are bad things?" Good things couldn't exist without bad things--it's the yin and yang of the universe. A lot of people don't get that and like to blame God for everything. They don't get that they are responsible for their own lives. God can only help you attract something different. He doesn't change things so you don't have to do any work.

I love my spirituality and my relationship with God. I think it's very unique and cool, and something like acne would never be able to touch that. :)

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#25 LLL3

LLL3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Is there something more important and essential than what you claim to believe or know about why or how we are here? Ask yourself that question, I mean really ask yourself that question with your whole body, mind, spirit, soul whatever, and keep that "answer" that "realization" that "knowledge" in the most sacred place within your heart. Share it with someone, if you feel the need to, but remember there are many many ways to talk about and verbalize the same exact thing. Athiest, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, Agnostic etc   doesn't matter. Whatever you label yourself as, realize it's just that: a label. It's important but it's meant to point towards a realization beyond words, right? A state of just being with awareness of all your labels, but NOT so strongly identified with them. yes?

This is my view. I like to think that I live this way. Am I perfect? Fuck no! lol But that's just perfect :) might sound cheesy, but it's the approach which has brought me much of my happiness and success inlife so far. It's the approach that makes me feel most balanced and alive. It's the approach that makes me feel an innate desire (responsibility really) to help others in anyway that I can.  

Having suffered from acne for as long as I did, I feel it has helped me learn real patience, wisdom, courage, respect, creativity, intelligence, the ability to be completely alone by myself yet not lonely whatsoever, etc. If God or heaven or our true nature is infinite, then that means there are not only an infinite number of manifestations of it, there are also an infinite number of interpretations or beliefs or concepts of it. Yes? Better than claiming to know THE answer is accepting that there are many ways to describe or verbalize or talk about the same exact thing. 

:) :) :) a truly realistic view is a truly optimistic one :) :) :)