Best Coverage Foundation Suggestions

makeup foundation full coverage

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kris1787

Kris1787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Baking, Going for walks, movies, music, wine, chocolate, being envious of peoples beautiful skin..

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hey everyone, I need some suggestions for a new foundation. I've tried drugstore brands like covergirl and Revlon, they're cheap but I think I'm now willing to spend a little more bucks. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm looking for a full coverage makeup. I have large pores and a lot of scarring and also active acne. I've been looking at Clinique, smashbox, lancome, makeup forever, and Almay. I've heard a lot of people using almay. I need some suggestions on a foundation and not a concealer! If anyone can help, thanks!

Dan's cleanser

Tea tree oil

Accutane (Claravis) 30mg

#2 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

The highest coverage foundations I know of are

Vichy dermablend

Kat Von D Lock-it

Estee Lauder Double Wear

If you youtube demos for them you can get a look at how pigmented they are, they are foundations but theyre high coverage enough to be used as a concealer. For the Vichy/Estee foundations I know you can go to the counters and get 10 day samples :)

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I currently use Almay because it doesn't seem to cause me to break out, but I would rate it as a light to medium coverage at best.

As XXYY above has listed as high coverage, I've used Estee Lauder doublewear in the past and boy does that stuff cover up everything.  I did find it hard to remove in the evening though.  Cleanser by itself didnt get it all off - I had to cleanse and then use a makeup remover wipe to get the last bit off. 

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#4 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Foundations that have the most pigment are Dermablend and CoverFX.

#5 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Expensive doesn't always mean better. I paid $70 for a tube of Clinique liquid foundation for acne and it turned really orange on my skin and it never fully dried on my skin. By the end of the day I was so wet and oily, it was very unappealing. I never had the courage to spend that much on foundation again and I also feel that Australia really lacks variety in acne safe foundations.

My Skincare Routine

Morning:
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Night:

Remove makeup with Nivea Daily Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes (Fragrance Free)
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Gently scrub face with regular table salt
Wash face with Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash

Shower:

Clean & Clear Deep Action In-Shower Facial Mask

Antibiotics: Doryx 50mg morning and at night

Make up: Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin
Did an 8 month course of Roaccutane in 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users