Best Coverage Foundation Suggestions

makeup foundation full coverage

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kris1787

Kris1787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Baking, Going for walks, movies, music, wine, chocolate, being envious of peoples beautiful skin..

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hey everyone, I need some suggestions for a new foundation. I've tried drugstore brands like covergirl and Revlon, they're cheap but I think I'm now willing to spend a little more bucks. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm looking for a full coverage makeup. I have large pores and a lot of scarring and also active acne. I've been looking at Clinique, smashbox, lancome, makeup forever, and Almay. I've heard a lot of people using almay. I need some suggestions on a foundation and not a concealer! If anyone can help, thanks!

#2 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

The highest coverage foundations I know of are

Vichy dermablend

Kat Von D Lock-it

Estee Lauder Double Wear

If you youtube demos for them you can get a look at how pigmented they are, they are foundations but theyre high coverage enough to be used as a concealer. For the Vichy/Estee foundations I know you can go to the counters and get 10 day samples :)

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I currently use Almay because it doesn't seem to cause me to break out, but I would rate it as a light to medium coverage at best.

As XXYY above has listed as high coverage, I've used Estee Lauder doublewear in the past and boy does that stuff cover up everything.  I did find it hard to remove in the evening though.  Cleanser by itself didnt get it all off - I had to cleanse and then use a makeup remover wipe to get the last bit off. 

#4 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Foundations that have the most pigment are Dermablend and CoverFX.

#5 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Expensive doesn't always mean better. I paid $70 for a tube of Clinique liquid foundation for acne and it turned really orange on my skin and it never fully dried on my skin. By the end of the day I was so wet and oily, it was very unappealing. I never had the courage to spend that much on foundation again and I also feel that Australia really lacks variety in acne safe foundations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users