Third Course Of Accutane

131 replies to this topic

#121 nice_helenuk

nice_helenuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Congrats man, I can't wait to finish my course and not have to use Chapstick every ten minutes. I hope it stays gone for good this time. Good luck.

Tim, you should try the blistex intensive moisturiser. I'm on my third course of accutane too and have tried every single lipsalve known to man (I even did a review on this website a few years back) and definitely think this one works best. You still need to apply often, but just seems to work better than the others.

Richard. You're looking great! I finish my third course of accutane in 10 days and I've still got spots that won't budge. I'm starting to get annoyed. The first and second course definitely helped a lot at the time and somewhat in the long term, like you, but I still yearn for perfect skin. Doctor has only given me 16 weeks each time. Wondering whether I would have been better with 24 weeks, like you, but we'll see. Wish me luck. xx

#122 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well, I've been done my 3rd course for only a few weeks, and well, for the past few days, I've had 3 really nasty pimples come up, you know the big lumpy, sore kind you can feel way before they surface.  Then they surfaced as white heads.

I'll try the Tazorac topical every day and see if that helps...

Accutane Log - Started April 5, 2013

http://www.acne.org/...se-of-accutane/

#123 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I started up the Tazorac agressively again.  My dermatologist said the accutane wouldn't help with the whiteheads, and that I would need to use that.

But I just thought the accutane should be 'fixing' me :-O

#124 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Caused a lot of peeling... I thought I could handle the topical retinoid after Accutane.  Anyway, gave it a few days off and reapplied Tazorac today and moisturized.

I've got like 3 of those lump under the skin, red, inflamed pimples.  And I can't stop touching them to feel how gigantic they are.

Maybe this is just a stage after the accutane till it clears up more.  I don't have anymore followup appointments with my derm.  The last appointment I had was for my last prescription of accutane.

I also need to recheck lipids and liver function.  

#125 igotyouu

igotyouu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I know it feels like shit to still get spots after tane. After my course my acne however went much, much milder and wouldn't appear as often as before. Some people tend to clear when they get off the medicine. 

But time is working for you and keep us updated I've been following this log since the beginning. 

#126 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Okay, so the Tazorac has been helping... I'm pretty clear again like I was at the end of the tane.  BUT my face is peeling, even if i use it like every third day.  I think I'm using too much, but it's damned near impossible to spread a pea sized ointment all over your ENTIRE face!

#127 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Some new pictures in high resolution.

Acne_Shots_002.jpg

Acne_Shots_003.jpgAcne_Shots_005.jpgAcne_Shots_009.jpg

#128 Rooth

Rooth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that the Accutane didn't lead to a perfect "fix". I'm on my 2nd course and pretty sure that I'm in the same boat as you, or will be once I finish my course. Did you find that the tane cut the severity of your acne down every time you tried it? Did it reduce the overall oil production of your skin?

My LOG - ROUND 1
Accutane started May 26, 2008
(40mg - for 4-6 months) - 22 female 

Result: Only 6 months of being clear and a long lasting impression that the drug f-ed me up mentally

My LOG - ROUND 2

Clarus started November 1, 2013

(40mg - for 6 months) - 26 female (~96 lb)

Maybe not going on the drug has f-ed me up mentally

#129 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Honestly it seemed to be less effective this time around.  I remember after finishing my first course, my skin was absolutely perfect, blemish free.

I'll post periodic updates on how things go since this 3rd course, in case anyone is interested.

#130 yunchang

yunchang

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

hey richard i've been following you since you took your first course. I did my first course around the same time you did. I also did a 2nd course and it's effectiveness was far less as well and the side effects were worse. That is why I've been doing a low dose treatment for my acne and it has been working great! Check out my thread sometimes if you are interested.

#131 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Just an update, Tazorac maintenance therapy has been working really well for me.  My face is completely clear other than scarring/pigmentation.  I use Tazorac every day, and moisturize a lot... and use desonide if my face gets too, too irritated.

#132 fotoguy

fotoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Happy New Year everybody! So, I've been off Accutane for 5 months now and not a single blemish to speak of. I have gotten compliments on my appearance and even told i don't look my age.... which is 45. Your skin looks great, RichardB. Feels great doesn't it?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users