Third Course Of Accutane

131 replies to this topic

#21 fotoguy

fotoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Do the places you got the injections look any better today? I hope so. I can totally relate to wanting to dig a hole and crawl in it. Been there, man.  Here comes the weekend - If you don't have somewhere you need to be, like a job, just lay low for a few days and get some rest. Maybe go for a short walk in the sunshine(not too long though). As much as you hate the way you look right now, just hang in there and have enough faith in the medicine to let it do it's work. It will work, just not on "our" schedule, necessarily. You'll get through it, dude. Trust me on that!

#22 omgmike4

omgmike4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Gl man, Hard to imagine taking tane 3 Times. Most people say that is suppose to work after ONE treatment, but you say two years of acne free? That sounds like a good chunk of time there.

Q: How long does it take for tane to fully work? I'm only on month 3 and I still break out. Nothing MAJOR, but more like 2-3 pimples every other week or so. Ideas?

~Burn all day, last all night.

Accutane:

Month 1: 40mg

Month 2: 60mg

Month 3: 80mg

Month 4: 80mg

Month 5: 80mg

Month 6: 40mg (FINAL MONTH)

Month 7: Chemical Peel to remove redness and any discoloration

Results so far: Acne still coming up, Not huge, but still coming.

#23 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

Do the places you got the injections look any better today? I hope so. I can totally relate to wanting to dig a hole and crawl in it. Been there, man.  Here comes the weekend - If you don't have somewhere you need to be, like a job, just lay low for a few days and get some rest. Maybe go for a short walk in the sunshine(not too long though). As much as you hate the way you look right now, just hang in there and have enough faith in the medicine to let it do it's work. It will work, just not on "our" schedule, necessarily. You'll get through it, dude. Trust me on that!

They definitely look less inflamed.  But they still look like dots, so many though that I'm sure there's a storybook worth of brail on my face.

Accutane Log - Started April 5, 2013

http://www.acne.org/...se-of-accutane/

#24 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

25 days on Accutane, here is my Lipid profile, reference ranges (in perenths)

CHOL                        223 mg/dL     (0 - 200)            H

TRIG                         233 mg/dL     (30 - 150)          H

HDL                           29 mg/dL        (40 - 100)         L

CHOL/HDL RATIO     7.7                 (0.0 - 6.0)         H

LDL (Calculated)       147.4 mg/dL  (0.0 -130.0)       H

Gl man, Hard to imagine taking tane 3 Times. Most people say that is suppose to work after ONE treatment, but you say two years of acne free? That sounds like a good chunk of time there.

Q: How long does it take for tane to fully work? I'm only on month 3 and I still break out. Nothing MAJOR, but more like 2-3 pimples every other week or so. Ideas?

I'd say it worked each time for a good 2 years completely clear.  Then it came back, slowly at first, then worse and worse.  Those 2 years went by so fast.

For me, at least for the first 2 times, it didn't really "work" until I finished the course then stopped taking the pills.  Then it just continued getting clearer and clearer until it was perfect.  It probably looked much better toward the end, but the magic didn't happen until I was completely done and stopped taking it.  And my complexion looks good (moist but not oily) and the scars and nonsense healed up.

#25 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Bought some aquaphor today at the pharmacy, it does work soooo much better than carmex.  Thanks fotoguy!

#26 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

To be honest i dont think anyonr will think that. Sure at first they will notice it but after a while they wont pay much attention to it.

I am not on accutane but I spawned two ginormous disgusting pimples that are all scabby and bloody on my right cheek. In a room of 12 people, sure they looked at it, but didnt really give me awkward looks (except one girl).

Has it gotten worse since the photo you posted?

#27 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Went running today (5 miles), with sunscreen on my face of course.

Here are some pics - Had the kenalog injections 2 days ago.  I think they helped.

2days_kenalog.jpg

#28 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Day 31

When I was outside running yesterday, I was SO careful to put on plenty of sunscreen on my face while I was outside for an hour, and I was fine.  Today, I was doing some work outside - painting.  And I didn't wear any sunscreen, and now my father pointed out how RED my face looks.  I'm being careful, but just the tiniest bit of sun exposure did me in.  Now I'm going to have to explain to my coworkers tomorrow why I wasn't out tanning all weekend...

Since stepping back down to 40mg/day instead of 80mg/day, and the kenalog injections on thursday, the acne has died down a little.  It's still all over the place, so I just need to push forward.  I'm definitely not near the end here.

I'm not even sure how long I'll be on this course, maybe 6 months?  I want to get to a reasonable cumulative dosage, because it's been hard to get good remission with Accutane.  So I might even do 7-9 months at 80mg/day if need be.  I have no definitive plan at the moment, beyond getting 300 capsules of 40mg accutane in the next few months (Written as 80mg'day)

#29 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sunscreen's not enough alone, wear a black colored hat should help! :)

Day 31

When I was outside running yesterday, I was SO careful to put on plenty of sunscreen on my face while I was outside for an hour, and I was fine.  Today, I was doing some work outside - painting.  And I didn't wear any sunscreen, and now my father pointed out how RED my face looks.  I'm being careful, but just the tiniest bit of sun exposure did me in.  Now I'm going to have to explain to my coworkers tomorrow why I wasn't out tanning all weekend...

Since stepping back down to 40mg/day instead of 80mg/day, and the kenalog injections on thursday, the acne has died down a little.  It's still all over the place, so I just need to push forward.  I'm definitely not near the end here.

I'm not even sure how long I'll be on this course, maybe 6 months?  I want to get to a reasonable cumulative dosage, because it's been hard to get good remission with Accutane.  So I might even do 7-9 months at 80mg/day if need be.  I have no definitive plan at the moment, beyond getting 300 capsules of 40mg accutane in the next few months (Written as 80mg'day)

Doesn't the iPeidge thing regulate people to only go 6 months max for Accutane? :o

Helton's Accutane Log:

http://www.acne.org/...og-58ft-140lbs/

: )

#30 fotoguy

fotoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I was just bumped up to 80mg's a day starting my 4th month. I guess I'm on day 92 or 93 now. My acne has improved dramatically since I started. I believe I'll be on 80mgs for the last 3 months. Oh yeah, my hips get sore when i sleep and i get really tight muscles when i sit or lay down for too long. What he said, wear a hat. 

#31 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

I don't know about the 6 month limit.  My doctor just overprescribes it and tells me to hoard the pills.

#32 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

lucky for you, you have no body acne

#33 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Day 36

Getting bored with Accutane.  Not much change, my acne looks about just the same as when I started it.  Still holding back at 40mg/day for a little while since the big flareup at 80mg.

#34 fotoguy

fotoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

It's a process. A long, shitty process. 

#35 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

It'll be worth it! Making progress each day, keep going man

If you have nothing to be grateful for; check your pulse.

Currently aboard the 'tane pain train

#36 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Day 40

That sounds like good progress.  My face is noticeably clearing.  However, I'm taking 40mg/day right now, and Thursday I'm supposed to go to 80mg (I'm 73kg).  So we'll see what fun things the double dose brings... hopefully not another horrible flareup.

The daily 40mg is completely tolerable now, no issues other than dry lips.

#37 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Day 44

At the 80mg/day dose, my lips are a LOT drier.  I'm putting on Aquaphor but it's almost like it only helps for a minute and they're dry and cracking again.

#38 fotoguy

fotoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

My eyes being dry is what bugs me the most. Also what seem odd to me is that when i started i was on 40mgs a day, the first month I was super dry with some scaling on my face and the occasional bloody nose. When my dose was raised to 60mg's the dryness seemed to actually decrease or stay the same. Same thing now that I'm on 80mg's a day. My eyes and lips are dry but that's about it. Oh yeah, I'm also sleepy alot. Acne is clearing, though, which is the goal. Cheers.

#39 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm sleepy a lot too, noticeably so on accutane.

I do notice my eyes a tad dry, but it's not too bad.

Today someone told me I should do something about my acne...

"I am doing something about my acne... I'm taking Accutane!"

"How long have you been doing it?"

"2 months"

"it's not working... you should let me help"

#40 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

WOW that would piss me off! Ignore all the critics right now Richard, you've seen what accutane does obviously through your other courses

Hang in there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users