Photo

Less Judgement, Please...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#41 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Y'all kill me...

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#42 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is going to be another endless and dead end debate because everyone posting already has fixed views on the subject, so why bother?

I will just advice you to consider what other damage you might be doing to your body by improving your acne. Sometimes you have to weigh the pros and cons to a treatment and see if clearing up your acne is worth the long term side effects of specific medications. After being diagnosed with PCOS over 10 years ago, I realized that not only is PCOS diagnosis DEBATABLE and UNRELIABLE (ultrasounds, hormone testing, symptom-based - all questionable depending on the doctor), but that there is no treatment for it other than masking and often exacerbating the cause with more hormones (via birth control for instance). The only temporary solutions that have worked for me in the past to manage my PCOS were herbal ones and a combination of low stress, regular exercise, and a healthy diet. This is not the magic remedy that will clear your skin; it takes persistence, patience and a positive attitude. I am not looking for a quick fix, I just want a healthy lifestyle. Not saying you can't be on birth control and still try to be healthy, but it makes it more challenging in the long run.

Another point I would like to make is that you should take all advice with a grain of salt and use your own judgement. This not only applies to what you read on the forums, but also to what your doctors (whether western, holistic, eastern - everyone) advice you. I'm glad you did your research before seeing a doctor about your PCOS, and at least now you know the risks involved with taking birth control possibly for the rest of your life. The least you can do is try to be as healthy as possible in other aspects of your life (diet, stress, emotionally, etc) to counterbalance the negative effect prolonged use of birth control pills can have on your body. And by the way, you cannot take birth control until you are 50. Your body will most likely stop responding to it once you enter pre-menopause because your hormones will change. It's easy to be defiant of long term damage to your body when you are still young.

Edited by WishClean, 30 April 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **