Photo
Accutane

Washing Face

Best Answer Nowhere man, 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

i  have mild acne, but extreamly persistant for the past 5 years.. xeroderm in greek means dry skin i think, its specifically for dry flaky cracked skin. thnx for the input though

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 Nowhere man

Nowhere man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

whatsup guys.. so like because im on accutane, my skin is always dry (not oily).. is it a must, that i wash my face twice a day?.. couldnt i just wash it like once in the morn or at night?    ps i use cetaphil facewash and xeraderm moisteriser.. thnx

#2 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:finished taking Roaccutane December 2010.
    Takin this drug has been the worst decision I have ever made and I have regretted it every day since.
    Doseage: 60:40 mg alternating daily for 11/12 months
    Sideffects:None till course was over.
    Now - SEVERE dry/brittle hair.
    HAIRLOSS - lost at least 70% and continues...acne came back in July, worse than I ever suffered from it. I now have back, chest, neck & cheeks that are covered.
    So now Im bone dry with no natural hydration with horrific acne. As a 31 YO woman with now destroyed skin & hair.
    My side effects include: Chronic Dry mouth
    Severe dry,tight,dehydrated, ashy,mottled,discolored (yellow & red),wrinkled,scarred poorly healing skin
    Facial fat atrophy - fatloss. Hollow eyes & cheeks

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

If your taking accutane you must have severe acne right?
You need to cleanse for face in the morning an evening, and cetaphil is garbage -you should be using a lipid and enzymes based cleanser something natural and does not have chemicals or anything that will strip the skin. I don't know what xeroderm is but it sounds harsh. There are dozens of threads on here recommending products and natural oils like rose hip, calendula or jojoba oil for cleaning and moisturising.
Natural is the way to go.

If your prepared to use this medication you should realise the dry skin can in many cases be a permanent and debilitating side effect long after you stop taking it

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

You could even wash your face with only water if you wanted.  Just make sure you are moisturizing.  I agree with the above poster that the less chemical filled, the better.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#4 Nowhere man

Nowhere man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM   Best Answer

i  have mild acne, but extreamly persistant for the past 5 years.. xeroderm in greek means dry skin i think, its specifically for dry flaky cracked skin. thnx for the input though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users