Photo

A Treatment That Worked For Me And May Work For Others!

supplement acne treatment teen natural

2 replies to this topic

#1 zactheartist

zactheartist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi there,

So I've been acne free for about the past 4 months, with the occasional pimple. For a while when my acne was bad, I had visited this site and always sought advice or information on how to curb my issue. I figure it's important to reciprocate what has been helpful to me, and may benefit others and their situation! I'm a 17 year old dude, and was on an antibiotic called Solodyn for a few months. It showed great improvements for me, but I didn't want to become reliant on the drug. I discovered a supplement at my local Vitamin shop (I live in Manhattan) called the Active Health Teen Multivitamin: Potent Skin Clearing Action. I weened off of Solodyn over the course of a month and took one of the multivitamins in the morning and one at night. It's been almost 3 months of not taking a Solodyn antibiotic (one of my major fears is that acne would reoccur by not being on the antibiotic) and I still take the multivitamins. Also included in my regimen is my Clarisonic Mia twice a day and after I apply differin. Differin has been helpful for the tinier acne and bringing it out from under the surface. 

Here is a link to the multivitamin (you can find them cheaper on Amazon or ebay)

http://www.rainbowli...ltivitamin.aspx

I hope this will be helpful to some of you and really hope it becomes a solution to your issue! Checkout the multivitamins, it's worth a shot!

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Interesting how much molybdenum it has.  Wonder why.  you only need a trace, but without it, all kinds of things don't happen.  At least one alternative or integrative doctor big on issues like estrogen dominance, and thyroid and adrenal issues considers a deficiency in this to be a huge source of the problems we have today.  

Disappointing how little C and D it has.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 marveangel

marveangel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

rushing to get medications might actually do you more harm than good,you have to first understand some few things about acne especiallt with regards to treating it.acne has various lesion,each lesion is unique,thus appliying same method or treatment for different lesions will not clear your,NO! it might even do more harm to your face or body. so understaaand with it is you are dealing with before you rush off to get treatment.

JOINT VENTURE PARTNER NEEDED: SERIOUS JOINT VETURE PARTNERS ONLY cntact me via mail touchalex25@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users