Jump to content

Improvements To Reviews

7 replies to this topic

#1 real maverick

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

We've been working on improving the functionality of the reviews app.

You may have noticed a new tab in your profile aptly named "reviews". See an example here: http://www.acne.org/...acneorg_reviews

The tab shows reviews you've made. However, previously reviews were posted under whatever name you specified while making a review i.e. Joe Bloggs, but moving forward, they will be posted under your username.

We've also attempted to credit you for any old reviews you had made, so when possible, previous reviews have been assigned to your Acne.org account. Check out your profile and let us know if you find any issues i.e. reviews assigned to your account that you may not have made.

I'm really excited about this. I personally feel much more inclined to write reviews, as I know I'll be credited for them.

We're continuing to work on the app to improve the usability and make it more rewarding. Just a handful of new features you can expect in the near future:

1. Ability to comment on other members reviews and have discussions.
  2. Earn badges, achievements and levels.
  3. Edit your previous reviews to add updates, additional info etc.
  4. Social sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
  5. Ingredients list for all existing products.

Not made a review yet? jump in and make your first review!

Enjoy,

Paul

#2 Jofo

Jofo

Posts: 203
    Blog Entries: 31
    Likes: 26
  • Location:USA
  • Joined: 15-June 08

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I never thought about this before but it's a cool feature. Also being able to comment on reviews will be awesome!

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
    Posts: 1,690
    Gallery Images: 30
    Likes: 633
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.
  • Joined: 08-September 11

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I just checked my profile and a review that I had forgotten I'd written was there :) (along with all the typos!)

#4 real maverick

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

We'd also love to hear your feedback when using the system. Any difficulties or frustrations?

#5 real maverick

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

We've just launched several new improvements to the reviews section.

1. Writing a review is now simpler and more fun. There are less fields to complete and the form is much more user friendly. The 500 character limit has now been removed, the limit is now 8,000 characters, which I imagine you'll never reach. Adding a review now is actually fun. Why not jump in to the reviews section and add your first review?

write-review.png

2. We have also introduced many new categories and reorganised every item in the database. e.g. Makeup was previously all thrown in to a makeup category. You can still view the makeup category as a whole, but you can now also narrow the results down to just foundations or primers (big thank you to Brandy for all her help with reorganising everything).

Please let me know what you think of the changes and if you face any difficulties.

#6 David St. Michael

David St. Michael

New Member

• Members
    Posts: 8
    Likes: 1
  • Joined: 11-February 10

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

How do I write a review for a product that isn't listed?

#7 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
    Posts: 20,137
    Likes: 218
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Joined: 27-February 05

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

When you do a search for something and it isn't in our database yet, it will give you the option of adding it. Just click to add it and input the information. Or you can let us know which product it is and we will add it ourselves.

#8 David St. Michael

Likes: 1
  • Joined: 11-February 10

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Thank you, Brandy!

I submitted two new products that I really enjoy. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic