Hey Wynne. Cool. I hadn't seen that post from you before. Great minds think alike, or at least somewhat alike in this case. Your post and the ZIIT method are actually quite different. A few questions for you:
1. From everywhere I researched, icing is recommended only once per hour. Where did you read the 1 minute on, 5 minutes off thing?
2. Aspirin is also an anti-inflammatory. Any reason you didn't mention it?
3. Does a topical antibiotic really do anything for an upcoming acne lesion? Do you have any research on that? I've never seen research on it myself. Benzoyl peroxide is special because it penetrates into the skin unlike other antibiotics and kills 99.9% of bacteria reliably and deep inside the pore. Why not just use BP instead of a topical antibiotic with a band aid and all that?
4. Exactly why the petroleum jelly? I don't quite understand.
5. Why did you not recommend BP + AHA? Any specific reason? In my experience, this is the #1 thing you can do to prevent a zit, and then in reverse order: ice, ibuprofen (or another anti-inflammatory), and zinc.
6. Why did you not mention zinc, or omega-3s or any other systemic anti-inflammatory?
Also, the ZIIT method is for a zit that is not yet fully formed. You need to catch it early to prevent it.