Photo

Coconut Oil Is So Calming To My Zits/hormonal Acne.

coconut oil oil coconut

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Okay so I did a little research and I'm concerned about the amount of people saying coconut oil broke them out and saying that it's quite heavy.

Since its coconut, I imagined it to be light and refreshing and unlikely to cause breakouts. I have no idea what to try anymore :/

#42 Cassiie

Cassiie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Lewis maybe they were using refined coconut oil or something. If your is bad and you are desperate it cant hurt to try it. i took the chance and im so glad i did!!! ill get like one little pimple once a week not even now and my face was disgusting. it even lightened all my scars! pretty soon i wont have to wear makeup at the rate this stuff is working.

and also..i use the coconut to cleanse. thats literally all i use on my face now besides water..to cleanse and to moisturize. you might surprise yourself if it works for you.

#43 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Lewis maybe they were using refined coconut oil or something. If your is bad and you are desperate it cant hurt to try it. i took the chance and im so glad i did!!! ill get like one little pimple once a week not even now and my face was disgusting. it even lightened all my scars! pretty soon i wont have to wear makeup at the rate this stuff is working.

and also..i use the coconut to cleanse. thats literally all i use on my face now besides water..to cleanse and to moisturize. you might surprise yourself if it works for you.

Okay I'll give it a shot!

Thanks for the reassurance. 

#44 Cassiie

Cassiie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

If you do fot some reason break out rhen just stop using it right away and you can check it off of a list of products that didnt work lol. If you do try and it works let me know:) id love to know that its helping more people

#45 HerbalGlo

HerbalGlo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I tried oils (coconut and olive) but it didn't work for me at all. I guess it would work better for someone who has dry skin as opposed to the already oily skin I have.

I found it was actually a herbal capsule that worked for me and got rid of my acne in under 3 weeks and I didn't have to do anything apart from eat these capsules every night.

But I agree, some of the treatments out there are just too risky with their side effects so i'd steer well away from them.

#46 freja

freja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I use coconut oil (unrefined, cold pressed, organic) every night. :) It doesn't break me out. I did a spot test first though just to make sure! I guess it's a hit or miss with people like anything else.

It really keeps my skin soft, I love it! I'm not sure if it's keeping acne at bay but my skin definitely looks better than it used to. I'm still getting some hormonal acne. (Of course, my skin was at it's best while on Accutane, but I don't think I'm ready for a third course ;_; )

#47 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

So having read this i am tempted to try coconut oil however I do have my reservations,

1) i tried emu oil before with all the ranting and raving about it like in this post lol, and whilst i thought it was working and the skin felt great, after long it broke me out, gave me deep under the skin spots, which left horrible marks for months that have only gone recently. 

so, I may try this, that one lewis linked from amazon looks good, have you tried it lewis? I realise this post is slightly old, so maybe more will have updates

what would you say about eating it, or taking coconut oil capsules (if they even exist?)

#48 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

I eat it every morning! :D On toast! yum!