Photo

Spironolactone Breakout With Increased Dosage

hormonal acne spironolactone medication

24 replies to this topic

#21 Melie87

Melie87

We just need to learn how to balance our skin :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Check out my page on FB about masks I have been making to help my skin :) write me though there with any questions about skin! I have been through it all!
    https://www.facebook.com/miasmasks

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I didn't notice results until I went up to 100mg, so I think it's a good dosage for many people.

Hey, I ended up going back down to 50mg cause I was breaking out super bad, and have an important event this weekend, so I hope it dies down. I understand the IB but I don't have time for it go on for a few weeks cause it might. I am breaking out on my chest again and cheek, its really lame. I am sticking with the 50mg for another month, then see where to go from there, if condition improve (hopefully). I will go up to 100mg once I see an improvement in my skin and my hormones settle down. Thank you for you response, are you clear on 100mg?

#22 brenmc

brenmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

That's probably a good idea. I was clear on it for several years; however, I have acne again due to issues with insulin (which requires another medication).

#23 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have a derm appointment in October and he already told me he wants me to go to 100 mgs but if I'm clear on the 50 mgs why bother going up? Not sure what to do

#24 Melie87

Melie87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Check out my page on FB about masks I have been making to help my skin :) write me though there with any questions about skin! I have been through it all!

Posted Today, 01:01 AM

Hey ladies,

I have decided to contiune on 25mg of spironolactone even tho I have had a really bad initial break out that laststed all last month and THIS month. I went from 25 mg to 100mg to 50 mg in the span of 4 weeks and it really messed me up! I currently have small little red acne marks ALL over my cheeks, it is horrible sad.png so depressing. I am starting acctaune the end of August. I am SO fed up with this crap. You name it I've done it, and I am sick of having bad skin and being so healthy, grrrrr. I will let you guys know how my skin is doing still on 25mg, I do not want to give up right just yet. I was very close to stopping tomorrow, but I want to wait and see if my hormones stabalize. I will update in a week. Good luck you guys. xoxo

If I do not see improvment in a week, I am stopping spiro, and waiting to take accutane. I cannot wait to blog about that. I have waited 10 years!! I am so mentally and physically prepapred for accutane!

Edited by Melie87, Today, 01:24 AM.

#25 Melie87

Melie87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 01:35 AM

For some reason I cannot edit my previous post. I wanted to add that I went back down from 50mg to 25mg beacuse I had a really bad intial break out that lasted a month, and I am trying to stabalize my hormones once again on 25mg when my skin was doing good.*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users