Photo

20 Year Old Female Accutane Journey (Pictures)

accutane acne female isotretinoin amnesteem 40mg

44 replies to this topic

#21 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

you are very pretty

#22 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

thank you whoartthou even though I've only posted pictures of my acne..lol it's still nice to hear encouraging words.
Day 42
breaking out still oily skin and my scarring seems to look more noticeable than ever :( very sad about this! I want to be happy about the condition of my skin after accutane but I'm afraid I won't be bc of the scarring :/

#23 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

day 44
I'm so freakin sick of my skin. the big zit on my cheek is still there my face is so oily and my jaw breakout is terrible. I feel like it is doing absolutely nothing!! should I see if the derm will up my dose next month? bc I am dying to see some change ughhh my friend is on 40mg and she only weighs 100lbs and her skin is so dry and mine has no difference! her acne is also not as severe as mine and she is on a much higher dose for her body weight than me...I feel like I need to at least be at 60 maybe 80.

#24 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Your body is absorbing the all holy retinoids, even at the low dose and you're headed toward being totally clear.  Just keep your chin up and keep taking those pills, and you'll be on the other side of it in no time with a clear face and perfect skin.

#25 runnerlife22

runnerlife22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

first of all thought that this was very informative, I'm 19 and i'll be headed into my sophomore season in the fall for cross country in college and I was told that I would be a great candidate for accutane. My skin is pretty clear and i've never really suffered from bad acne, but I get really painful cysts around my ears and sometimes on my face but you can't ever really see them expect for a little redness and my doctor recommend me to go to a dermatologist for accutane that way it will clear these cyst so I won't have to deal with them anymore. But I have been reading a lot of blogs and stuff online about it effecting athletic performance, I just got over a back injury and saw that this could make such things worse and I already suffer from slight iron deficiency anemia so I don't really want to put myself in the position to make my training any worse or that much harder. Just wondering what your thoughts were on this...and also this might be kinda of personal so if i won't care if you don't respond to the next question, they talked to me a lot about having to take a certain kind of birth control because of the risk of birth defects and getting pregnant while on this, and I currently don't take any because I don't have the best reaction to a lot of medicine and with birth control it kind of effects your running performance sometimes too, with gaining weight and other sorts of things. So just your thoughts of that, but don't feel like you have to answer that last part. anyways thanks. 

#26 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

they say that accutane can cause some joint pain in some people. knock on wood I haven't had any and I've been running 45-50 miles a week this summer. so it's really just another potential side effect..it could bother you or it might not. kind of like depression..apparently some people have committed suicide while on accutane but believe me I have no intention or desire to do so lol as for the birth control it's not really a personal question bc everyone knows about it! accutane causes severe birth defects so you do not need to get pregnant! if you are sexually active you will have to be on birth control. if not some dermatologists let you sign a consent for abstinence for the time you are on accutane and one month after. I chose abstinence but unfortunately my derm makes everyone go on the pill anyway but just so you know they don't test for if you're taking it or not in your blood tests so I may or may not be actually taking the pills :) but if you are sexually active you have to take them bc if you get pregnant it's not fair for the baby. for me the side effects are all worth it bc my acne is bad..even if I suffer in my performance a little it's worth the sacrifice bc I am so miserable bc of my acne! I have been very tired lately while on accutane not to mention I'm also a little anemic so it could make you very tired too. if your acne isn't worth all of this potential trouble I would not risk going on this powerful drug. if you are suffering as much as me and other people and think it will be worth it than I say go for it! good luck in deciding and in cross country season :) maybe we will race each other and not even know it haha

#27 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Day 60 Month 2 update

sorry its been awhile. here are pictures from day 60, on day 64 now.

kinda blurry

Attached Thumbnails

• day60.png
  • day60-2.png

#28 Tim714

Tim714

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Looks like you're making great progress, I hope it continues. Good luck.

#29 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Day 78

nothing seems to be changing now...my skin is still not even dry and i have a few minor breakouts. i really hope this starts to work bc Im in the middle of month 3 and i feel like i should see more improvement! my face is also very very red which it always has been very flushed where the acne is but i was hoping the redness would get better and its not :/ thanks tim714 i hope so too!

#30 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

month three day 90 pictures
ugh I still hate my skin so much it's so scarred and damaged! also does anyone else constantly feel gross? like my face constantly feels greasy itchy flushed and gross! and even though I don't have many bumps it feels like my face is going to explode with a massive breakout at any moment? does anyone else constantly feel like that? it scares me bc I feel like when I come off accutane I'm going to have even worse skin

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#31 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

month three day 90 pictures
ugh I still hate my skin so much it's so scarred and damaged! also does anyone else constantly feel gross? like my face constantly feels greasy itchy flushed and gross! and even though I don't have many bumps it feels like my face is going to explode with a massive breakout at any moment? does anyone else constantly feel like that? it scares me bc I feel like when I come off accutane I'm going to have even worse skin

In regards to scarring and damage to your skin, try not to bother about it too much now. Scarring will appear worse during your treatment, since Accutane makes your skin thinner and more sensitive. Also when I was on Accutane my skin would get extremely itchy at random times, which might be like what you are currently experiencing, and it has not occurred since coming of the medication.

Like you, at times my skin felt as though it was going to break out badly, but thankfully it did not really happened. Also haven't really had much acne post Accutane, just a few whiteheads.

Good luck with the rest of your course, and your skin looks amazing.

Edited by jamie o, 07 August 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#32 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing. Reading. Cooking. Eating. Smiling.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Your skin's looking great! I'm at that stage now where I'm at the end of month 2, just waiting to see some improvements but I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one feeling this frustration. Congrats, hope the rest of your course gets easier :)

#33 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thanks! in comparing my before and after pictures I realize that I have definitely had some major improvement, I guess I'm just really frustrated that my skin is still not like a normal person's and I really need to lower my expectations because I know that I can't expect perfection after the trauma my skin has been through...it just seems so unfair ya know! Hope everyone else's courses are going well!

#34 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Day 101

very painful cyst on my chin :/ and a few light breakouts all around my face (comedones)...my skin looks really bad too :( its very very red and uneven looking and its covered in quite a few bumps

#35 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

day 107 things have cleared up again and I've decided that I'm addicted to accutane. I may not be happy about the way my skin looks but it feels so smooth and is actually a normal kind of oily and it's not painful everyday like it used to be pre accutane. I love not having pimples cover every square inch of my face and I'm afraid to get off accutane now bc I just want to have clear skin forever. scarring redness aside It's not about aesthetics anymore it's about life comfort and I actually feel a lot more comfortable now!!

#36 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm glad you notice such a difference.  I started my third course about the same time as you, and I feel like I've hit another plateau.

I hope this is the only course you have to do!

#37 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

day 109
another painful zit on my lip popped up last night but after popping it last night to get all the pus out its healing up already this morning which never used to happen. it would always be filled back up the next day. so hopefully the redness will go down now!

#38 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

day 111
finally got a picture in a little bit better lighting where you can see the quality of my skin and also how red and greasy it is all the time. I've been using cerave sunscreen but I still think it's too oily for me so if anyone has any sunscreen suggestions for oily oily skin that isn't even getting dried out by accutane I would love it.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#39 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Month 4
still looking for sunscreen suggestions for oily skin

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#40 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Month 4
still looking for sunscreen suggestions for oily skin

Hey readytolive, I used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer- Dry-touch sunscreen lotion. It is a lightweight, non-oily/shiny, dry touch and water resistant sunscreen. It should do the job for you, if you have it wherever you live (just mentioning this since I am in Australia).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users