Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Weeks Using Differin, Skin Now Much Worse :(

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

My acne started at age 12. It used to be severe & would not budge for anything until eventually i had accutane 4 years ago and this cured it (im now 28). Over the last 6 months the acne is coming back again on my face & back.

Derm gave me Differin 1% cream to use at night & dermol lotion to use in the morning. I've been using this for just over 2 weeks & my skin is much much worse :( is this the initial breakout, is it likely to improve? i really feel like quitting. just feel really ugly & fed up.

is this normal with differin? i really need some encouragement to keep going with it at this point

ps. im treating face & back xx

I was on Differin before Christmas and was on it for about a month, I experienced this too. So I do think it is normal. Please don't give up hope with it.

I was going mad when this happened to me though, like you then came across this:

Please watch it :)

Limited dairy/gluten - everything in moderation - lots of healthy fats, and veggies. Too much fruit breaks me out unfortunately.

-------------------------------------------------------
Prescription:

Isotrex - Active ingredient of Accutane, Isotretinoin (0.05%) Week 2

-------------------------------------------------------
Medik8 Beta Cleanse - (morning)
Benzoyl Peroxide (10%)
Acne.org Moisturiser mixed with a little Sweet Almond oil
Micellular water face cleanse Garnier - (night)
Eucerin Toner - sometimes if skin is very dry
Isotrex

What you are experiencing is very normal. I can't say for sure whether differin will work for you or not but if after 3 months you see no CONSISTENT improvement, then its time to try something else. In the meantime, ignore mirrors as best as you can and do things that make you VERY happy

Good Luck hun!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.