Photo

I've Been Clear For Years Now......

i used to have moderate acne.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hmm wow interesting.  How did those tests come out what if anything was way out of whack?  Like a year and half ago now I got tons of blood tests done, filled 19 viles almost passed out lol.  And everything was fine the doctor actually told me I was extremely healthy and wanted to know about my diet.  Pretty sure I got all those tested as well.. don't know about liver enzymes and DHEA though, my thyroid was all normal though which I was really surprised at, my sister is Hypo and we are like twins, so I thought Id by hypo too.  Id like to go to someone in a position like you were and get all those things tested.  

#22 nodoubt147

nodoubt147

Val Pal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well my I had very serious issues. My progesterone was very low(low body weight at the time), my 4 point cortisol definitly indicated pretty severe adrenal insufficieny(very low morning, high night). My T3 levels were low, I had elevated liver enzymes, and a low white blood cell count. I wasn't suprised by any of this, hence why I got all the testing done. You mentioned viles..... Testing your hormones through blood is a very inaccurate way to do it. Saliva is the most accurate for free flowing hormone levels. Of course a regular medical doctor will not test in this manner as it is a matter of expense. You can test independently for what I consider a reasonable price through ZRT labs. They are probably the most reputable independent lab to do saliva based hormone testing. How old are you? I get the impression that you are young, and I wouldn't be suprised if your hormones are normal. Being a male is also quite a hormonal advantage in terms of adrenal, and thyroid integrity.

Edited by nodoubt147, 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#23 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm 22.  Tonight is my last night of 21 years old.. tomorrow is my birthday :)  I think my hormones definitely aren't normal.  Had bad acne from 15 and then cleared 95% of it through diet, supps and healthy living when I was about 19-20, skin has been mild ever since but I still get breakouts here and there around my mouth/jaw.  Which most people say is hormonal.. Hopefully things balance out in the next couple years.. really nothing else I could do at this point I know acne through and through and exactly what to do to treat it but I don't even know if its possible to 100% eliminate it.  In the past year I just haven't cared any more and if I get a breakout I just don't even think much of it, better this way then to stress over completely perfect skin.. 

but ya my tests were blood so would be interesting to tests through saliva.. Things is.. even if levels are messed up, what would you do to combat it?  lol, Ive done everything to balance hormones naturally, and not interested in taking any severe doc medication.. think Id rather just keep doin what Im doin any hope the breakouts stop with time.

Edited by Thehoper, 18 April 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#24 nodoubt147

nodoubt147

Val Pal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Their are a lot of mild plant estrogens, and herbs to favorably balance sex hormones to a more optimal level. Glandulars also helps stimulate glandular integrity which greatly takes to burden off of the sex hormones, and liver in order to process those hormones.

#25 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

nodoubt147, you mention a lot of suplements to support your adrenal glands, but which one are you currently taking?

And I forgot to ask you, do you eat rice, potatoes or pasta?

#26 nodoubt147

nodoubt147

Val Pal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

The following supplements are good for the adrenal glands: Pantothenic acid, Mineral complex, Vitamin C, B-Complex, Licorice Roots, Siberian Ginseng, Ashwaganda. But please do the research into these so that you can understand why to take them.

Yes I do eat starchier carbs, on occasion when I know it won't effect me in a negative way, and or I need the extra glucose for energy.

#27 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm 22.  Tonight is my last night of 21 years old.. tomorrow is my birthday :)  I think my hormones definitely aren't normal.  Had bad acne from 15 and then cleared 95% of it through diet, supps and healthy living when I was about 19-20, skin has been mild ever since but I still get breakouts here and there around my mouth/jaw.  Which most people say is hormonal.. Hopefully things balance out in the next couple years.. really nothing else I could do at this point I know acne through and through and exactly what to do to treat it but I don't even know if its possible to 100% eliminate it.  In the past year I just haven't cared any more and if I get a breakout I just don't even think much of it, better this way then to stress over completely perfect skin.. 

but ya my tests were blood so would be interesting to tests through saliva.. Things is.. even if levels are messed up, what would you do to combat it?  lol, Ive done everything to balance hormones naturally, and not interested in taking any severe doc medication.. think Id rather just keep doin what Im doin any hope the breakouts stop with time.

Did you ever post in the success thread?