#1 Anat Man

Anat Man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi All,

My names Ash,

Well for the last 10 years or so I have suffered from Acne.
In my opinion it totally ruined my teenage years.  I am 26 now and committed to find a permanent solution to Acne. Like everyone else, I have tried.... EVERYTHING including the infamous "Accutane" aka "Roaccutane".

All of these things only ever fixed the issue temporarily, my acne always returned.
After extensive research online, I came across a research that indicated allot skin conditions and mental conditions are side effects of a unhealthy digestive system. (Gut problems).
This resonated in me, as I do suffer from stomach bloating and cramps on a frequent basis. I have always seemed to have on-going problems with my stomach, sometimes feeling like I was carrying a bowling ball in my belly.

The GAPS diet basically aims to fix your digestive system and restore balance in your body.

After purchasing & reading the GAPS book (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) by the founder "Natasha Campbell" I was even more convinced that this is the answer to my problems.

Thus I attempted the diet by myself, after a few weeks I didn't really notice much improvement and was pretty sure I wasn't making the meals correctly so I went online once again and found a GAPS practitioner. After making an appointment and sitting down with the practitioner I got a better idea of what I needed to do and how to correctly prepare meals (Which I will share later in my blogs).

My practitioner sat down with me and went through my health and lifestyle and drafted me a "treatment plan" which outlines what I can and cant eat on this diet.

Basically. I cant eat anything ... It is VERY restrictive.
My diet currently consists of just bone broths, boiled chicken stock and soup, lots of vegetables, and probiotics.
I am not allowed any fruit, nuts, dairy or grain and of course nothing artificial; no preservatives, additives, junk, processed foods etc..

I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and have already started seeing improvement. My skin texture has improved in quality. I still have a few bumps on my face and new ones come up here and there.

However in think it will take some time for the treatment to take real effect, so I am optimistic on getting better results as I continue the diet.

I've created a Blog to track my progress & upload picture progress etc. and share my results with other sufferers as I really think GAPS is the answer to acne.

the blog site is under "ashnand" at Google's Blogspot.

Look forward to your comments guys and what you think about GAPs.

I suggest doing research into GAPS as its pretty amazing the things that can be cured through the diet.  smile.png

Edited by Anat Man, 10 April 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#2 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

u have taken drastic steps.which i appreciate but not all might need such a diet.

ur degree of problem might have been very serious.as u say.

thank u for sharing though.am pretty sure many will be helped.=)

here,question 3) and 5) for you keeping your genre in mind.http://www.acne.org/...w-fasthow-long/

aana

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Good luck man.  I commend you for attempting such diet changes.  I have been dairy, gluten and grain free for some time now and it hasnt helped.  GAPS for me at this point is not feasible as i lose weight too easily and my body doesnt handle that well.

Give it 3-6 months and let us know how things are going.  Quick questions, once your got is in a better state, how will you transition to a regular diet as you can't live on broth forever

#4 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

not feasible in the long run. U need plenty of zinc and b vitamins to tackle acne.

#5 Anat Man

Anat Man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Sacsha ,

It's a tough one, and make life allot harder . I am meant to be in the prime of my life at my age but I'm far from it it's kinda sad but that's life. I really believe diet is the cure to acne. And not just healthy food , but I a proper diet plan. Acne is a western worlds infection. It doesn't exist in tribes. That says it all imo...

#6 ask24

ask24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

From my experience, 

Yeah I pretty much do the same thing with an Ayurvedic diet.

For 15 days I ate mung bean soup with brown rice plus indian herbs and spices (tumeric, cumin, fennel seeds, NO spicy food like red chili peppers/ jalopeno peppers), morning noon and night. So I get my protein and carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in my diet.

I also noticed when I ate almonds and brazil nuts, the gas in my stomach was unbearable, and my skin was all inflamed. Once I stopped eating nuts for a while, along with the soup diet no new pimples after a few days. What you're doing is good, your body is repairing the damage done over the years, while still getting adequate nutrition. 

Check out my post 

http://www.acne.org/...ul-detox-drink/

this will keep long lasting results and speed up results. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users