Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make Up Removal With Retin-A

8 posts in this topic

I've been using retin a for about a week and a half now and I was wondering what other girls used to remove their make up. I'm not sure if I should just wash my face with my CeraVe and call it a day or if I should remove it with a wipe and then cleanse. My skin is pretty sensitive right now so I don't want to irritate it too much, but I want to make sure nothing is left behind.

Thanks!

dont ever use wipes, i use to use wipes all the time until my derm told me it can make your acne worse! just use a make up remover cleanser and then your normal face wash thats what i do at least, hope that helps!

I use Balea's cleansing cloths or Ponds cleansing toilettes (usually depends which one's on sale :P!).

I like both of them - they do the job and leave my skin feeling hydrated and clean. It doesn't dry out my skin (but then again I have oily skin) and it doesn't irritate it either.

After that I usually exfoliate with St. Ives clean skin apricot scrub that I've been using for years. If it's the end of my day then I use the cleanser from the Regimen.

I've heard Ponds is bad for acne-prone skin but I started using them before I heard about this and it's always been fine for me. My skin tends to get really dry in the winter so I like to use the Ponds cold cream...and that's how i started using the toilettes.

In any case, I dunno much about their ingredients and what not but I've been dealing with acne for years and these 2 products have never caused breakouts for me :o

I like to use Cerave on dry skin, like I would use the cleanser on the area that I have foundation on before splashing water on.

Then afterward I would hop in the shower and run warm water on my face to wash away the cleanser and foundation.

And then I would wash once more with the cleanser out of the shower, then rinse with cold water.

This is the best method that cleans the best for me so far.

I used to use cold cream and then wipe it off, that didn't work too well for me... I felt the mineral oil was still on my skin even after I wash with cleanser afterward.

Babywipes didn't work well for me either, I don't get how people take off foundation with it unless they really rub it around.

I first get my face really wet with warm water, then I use about three pumps of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and gently rub my face for a bit, then rinse really well, then I use two pumps of the cleanser again and just rub my skin in a circular motion for a short time, then rinse with warm water, and then I end with a few splashes of cool water. :)

When I was on Retin A micro I put Pond's Cold Cream on my face and rubbed that in. Then I gently removed everything with a wet hand towel (wipe works too). Then to get the excess off I'd wash my face with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Actually made my face squeeky clean.

I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, out of the cleansers I've used my skin seems to agree with it the most. Very light, only takes about a pea sized amount (which makes up for the price). Doesn't leave my skin dry or tight.

I've had a lot of success using it so far with the Clarisonic brush to help take care of any flaky skin from the Retin-A, or removal with a wet face cloth.

Well i cant tell you exactly what to use- i remember when i was on retin-a (it didnt work for me) but anyways im on accutane right now and my face has been dry.... like very parched. and peely. But a half a year ago- and i still use it during my treatment to take off makeup- it bioderma (the sensitive kind). The only reason why i use this is because im very allergic to ingredients so i like my skincare to have the most minimal list- and for me this does. i just use on a cotton wool and take off as much as i can before cleanse. but bioderma is expensive for a makeup remover- and hard to get (except amazon). This is what i do- so i cant really tell you what to do because im not you. - ask your derm next time! :) good luck on retin-a!