Photo

Make Up Removal With Retin-A

make up removal retin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 jromines

jromines

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I've been using retin a for about a week and a half now and I was wondering what other girls used to remove their make up. I'm not sure if I should just wash my face with my CeraVe and call it a day or if I should remove it with a wipe and then cleanse. My skin is pretty sensitive right now so I don't want to irritate it too much, but I want to make sure nothing is left behind.

Thanks!

#2 kbeex3

kbeex3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

dont ever use wipes, i use to use wipes all the time until my derm told me it can make your acne worse! just use a make up remover cleanser and then your normal face wash thats what i do at least, hope that helps!

#3 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

I use Balea's cleansing cloths or Ponds cleansing toilettes (usually depends which one's on sale :P!).

I like both of them - they do the job and leave my skin feeling hydrated and clean. It doesn't dry out my skin (but then again I have oily skin) and it doesn't irritate it either. 

After that I usually exfoliate with St. Ives clean skin apricot scrub that I've been using for years. If it's the end of my day then I use the cleanser from the Regimen.

I've heard Ponds is bad for acne-prone skin but I started using them before I heard about this and it's always been fine for me. My skin tends to get really dry in the winter so I like to use the Ponds cold cream...and that's how i started using the toilettes.

In any case, I dunno much about their ingredients and what not but I've been dealing with acne for years and these 2 products have never caused breakouts for me :o

AMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil DermaControl Oil-Absorbing Lotion (SPF30)
PMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Clindamycin Phosphate 1%, Dan's 10% AHA, Benzagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide 
ExtrasDiane 35 (since July 2 2013), Borghese Fango Delicato Mud Mask (2x/week)
My personal log here: http://www.acne.org/...l-gel-log-pics/

#4 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

I like to use Cerave on dry skin, like I would use the cleanser on the area that I have foundation on before splashing water on.

Then afterward I would hop in the shower and run warm water on my face to wash away the cleanser and foundation.

And then I would wash once more with the cleanser out of the shower, then rinse with cold water.

This is the best method that cleans the best for me so far.

I used to use cold cream and then wipe it off, that didn't work too well for me... I felt the mineral oil was still on my skin even after I wash with cleanser afterward.

Babywipes didn't work well for me either, I don't get how people take off foundation with it unless they really rub it around.

Edited by Helton, 11 April 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Helton's Accutane Log:

http://www.acne.org/...og-58ft-140lbs/

: )

#5 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I first get my face really wet with warm water, then I use about three pumps of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and gently rub my face for a bit, then rinse really well, then I use two pumps of the cleanser again and just rub my skin in a circular motion for a short time, then rinse with warm water, and then I end with a few splashes of cool water. :) 

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#6 LinhD

LinhD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

When I was on Retin A micro I put Pond's Cold Cream on my face and rubbed that in. Then I gently removed everything with a wet hand towel (wipe works too). Then to get the excess off I'd wash my face with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Actually made my face squeeky clean. 

Month 1 of Accutane : 30mg

Month 2 of Accutane: 60mg

#7 queensie

queensie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, out of the cleansers I've used my skin seems to agree with it the most. Very light, only takes about a pea sized amount (which makes up for the price). Doesn't leave my skin dry or tight.

I've had a lot of success using it so far with the Clarisonic brush to help take care of any flaky skin from the Retin-A, or removal with a wet face cloth.

#8 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well i cant tell you exactly what to use- i remember when i was on retin-a (it didnt work for me) but anyways im on accutane right now and my face has been dry.... like very parched. and peely. But a half a year ago- and i still use it during my treatment to take off makeup- it bioderma (the sensitive kind). The only reason why i use this is because im very allergic to ingredients so i like my skincare to have the most minimal list- and for me this does. i just use on a cotton wool and take off as much as i can before cleanse. but bioderma is expensive for a makeup remover- and hard to get (except amazon). This is what i do- so i cant really tell you what to do because im not you. - ask your derm next time!  :) good luck on retin-a! 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger