Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Know What This Is?

11 posts in this topic

So every time I get out of the shower my face is covered with little white particles. Even if I don't put anything on my face like cleanser or moisturizer so I find it very strange.

post-206299-0-80178400-1365373357_thumb.post-206299-0-24858600-1365373600_thumb.

post-206299-0-80178400-1365373357_thumb.

post-206299-0-24858600-1365373600_thumb.

probably Seborrheic dermatitis, which is basically dandruff on your face. Some people get it with red scales some don't. I have it too just like you without the redness. In certain lighting like in the sun it looks like I'm wearing make-up because I have those white flakes on my face. (I'm a dude)

1 person likes this

That's dry skin....

Funny thing is I can't see if before I get in the shower or during the day.

yea same with me, its not that noticeable unless I'm really looking for it or in certain lighting but after I shower its very noticeable until my face dries up. Especially after hot showers.

yea same with me, its not that noticeable unless I'm really looking for it or in certain lighting but after I shower its very noticeable until my face dries up. Especially after hot showers.

Have you tired using dandruff shampoo on your face? I'm about to do that, some people have saide that'll cure it temporally.

Just want to update like i said. Well Head & Shoulders works a little bit but it hasn't completely cleared. :(

1 person likes this

I'm very familiar with this. It's dry skin - nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. Last summer, a more extreme version of this would happen any time my face got wet (because of BP).

I notice this on a lot of my family members in the winter time, too. The little white particles is actually your skin flaking off. Dry skin like this can also become itchy or irritated. This is extremely common and it happens to a lot of people, including me.

If you don't use moisturizer it's probably a good idea to start, I like Cetaphil moisturizing cream because it will keep your skin from flaking entirely. Good luck!