Photo

Best Substitute For Acne.org Products (Besides Treatment)

alternate acne acne.org the regimen dan kern scarring treatment oil oily oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey guys, I am  going to start The Regimen because my skin is so bad. I feel like there's nothing to lose at this point, so why not try this regimen? I am going to order The Treatment from amazon.com but I don't want to buy anything else from Dan Kern because I feel like it's expensive when all the products add up.

So what's the best cleanser for the regimen? Besides Dan's? Ps I have SUPER oily skin with some dry spots and have used 5% BP for quite a while (didn't help) so I don't know if my skin will get as dry as everyone else's.

I already have the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, (both didn't work for me, but maybe they will once I'm on the regimen) but I'm thinking about buying the Purpose Cleanser. What's the best cleanser out of these 3? If you think there's a better one, PLEASE tell me! I am not hesitant to buy a new one at all - as long as it's not crazy expensive.

For moisturizer I have Cetaphil Derma Control oil control Moisturizer with SPF 30 and Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel. I don't really like the Cetaphil one, and I hardly use the Garnier one (I know it's bad, but I just use jojoba oil where I'm dry and I don't use SPF). What moisturizer would you recommend for day(with SPF) and one for night? 

Thanks so much! Also, if you have any tips or heads up for what to expect while on the regimen, please help a sista out and tell me smile.png ps, I don't wear makeup bc my parents don't let me and also I want to let my skin breath. Yes, I am a teenager... a young teenager, but still a teenager nevertheless - with HORRIBLE acne.

I will not start the regimen for a couple more weeks because I haven't ordered the product, but I will keep you updated when I start.

#2 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Well you have the cleansers that are considered the best ,as you said they might work for you once you start the regimen, if not mabye you should look into Paula's Choice ones.

As for moisturizers : CeraVe AM , Cetaphil Moistruzing Lotion , Aveeno/Eucerin/Neutrogena any of this brands are safe.

The Regimen works pretty good , I haven't try it but I do have Epiduo witch cointains 2.5% BP and whenever I put more the small actives are going down,if followed presicely you will have results.

You can wear make up if you want to ,if you look into good brands witch don't make your skin worse.I mean srsly if your a teenage girl and your parents disagree with make up when you have acne , what will my parents say?(i'm not judgeing)

#3 raf1919

raf1919

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

As a new user who just ordered the whole kit, i feel that is priced well compared to market.  It is maybe slightly more, but also feel its more personalized and better ingredients.  

Cleanser - this one seems the easiest to replace as there several options to choose from, however in comparing prices on amazon seems pretty much even in price when you get the 16oz bottle.  Difference of a few pennies.   I might experiment down the road w/ other washes.

Lotion- This is priced a little higher than what i saw on amazon, but this was hard to find for me because it seemed like most had the "stay away from" ingredients in it.  again the difference in price seems like a few dollars depending which one you go with, but why not pay few dollars more and know you are getting quality for your skin.  

I think shipping costs make it also slightly expensive but if you do auto ship its $5.

All things being equal i'd rather buy from and support Dan who i know uses his products vs some big company.

#4 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Cetaphil, cetaphil, cetaphil. Cannot stress enough on the Cetaphil!! It's fantastic.

#5 norcalash

norcalash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

I love Cetaphil - the basic Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. My dermatologist recommends CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (I have dry skin), but CeraVe breaks me out. I really adore Cetaphil. It's so gentle. I have not tried Dan's cleanser, so I can't speak to how well that would work for me. I don't wear makeup (well, other than eye makeup & lip stuff), so I don't require a cleanser that can remove foundation, powder, etc.

Hope this is helpful!

#6 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

see http://www.acne.org/...t-in-the-world/

#7 ambercarrart

ambercarrart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I use cerave foaming facial cleanser, the acne.org BP treatment, and cerave moisturizing lotion (big bottle, with the pump).

It took about 1 month for my skin to calm down. After 2 months my acne was dramatically better and I was getting less new breakouts. Now I'm a little over 3 months into the treatment and i have NO acne. The cerave totally saved my skin. I went from having deep cystic inflamed acne, about 30 zits at a time ALL OVER my face, and right now I have 1 tiny thing on my cheek that the BP zapped before it even came to a head. I don't even have to wear make-up anymore. The hyperpigmentation faded SO fast.

I swear by Cerave foaming facial cleanser and the moisturizing lotion. I have the worlds most oily, sensitive skin and it didn't bother my skin at all.

You have to be super gentle and patient but it's so worth it. 

#8 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

The best cleanser I've found is Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash, and I've tried them all.