Is There Still A Possiblity Of Pcos?

1 reply to this topic

#1 foreverbold

foreverbold

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Regardless of me having acne, hirsutism and weight issues for the last 14-15 years (I am now 27) there has never been any evidence of PCOS to show up in a blood test or ultrasound (puzzling enough). My periods have always come every 21 days (super regular) and are normal in every respect also - but yet I have these "androgenic" symptoms. I just don't get it? and neither does me doctor, it's very confusing.

I even went to an endocrinologist I few years back and everything once again came back normal - they tested me for everything from PCOS to CAH and nothing came up. Completely unremarkable.

Maybe they're missing something? is there a possibilty that I could have some rare variant of the syndrome? I just would like some damn answers one of these days. I just will never understand.

- Why do I gain weight on half the calories of a regular adult? and have to eat a "plant based diet" to maintain a normal weight (otherwise I swear to God I'd be obese).

- Why is the majority of the cystic acne I experienced exclusive to the jawline? (A PCOS indicator)

- Why do I have to shave my chin, neck and stomach twice a day?

Morning skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser
- Panoxyl B.P
- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)

Night time skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser
- Panoxyl B.P
- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

PCOS is a set of symptoms lumped together into a syndrome. Few people get them all. Sweet jade had PCOS but was thin.

And many people have androgen if symptoms. I have hirsutism and regular, light periods. And apparently smooth ovaries.

Also, my jawline cysts are caused by a food intolerance. Everyone always likes to say jawline acne is hormonal, but this is the first I've ever heard the PCOS claim.

Edited by alternativista, 06 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users