#41 ireneferdz08

ireneferdz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hi nicmic! I'm back. hehe eusa_liar.gif

I was so happy on my first week.. but i got into trouble on my second..

Here's what happened.. I went to a party, i got home drunk and i forgot to put BP before i sleep (but i washed my face). In the morning i was too lazy to do the regimen and decided to do it at night. When i looked at the mirror... tadaaa! i got 2 little zits and a big one on my cheek..so shocked, i spilled out some BP on the floor then applied it on my face (supposing that the floor is clean) The day after, i got another big zit on my forehead.. tsktsk    i was freaking out so i got my beauche cream (the one i used before this regimen) as a spot treatment.. and poof! now the 4zits are arleady full grown and about to explode.. i know your thinking how stupid i am now... hahahaha comfort.gif

here are few questions:rolleyes.gif

1. is it because of alcohol?

2. or is it because i failed to put BP twice?

3. or, is adding the beauche cream or any other cream to this regimen not advisable?

4. any advise for my stupidity? hahaha

eusa_pray.gif

Edited by ireneferdz08, 21 May 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#42 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hi nicmic! I'm back. hehe eusa_liar.gif

I was so happy on my first week.. but i got into trouble on my second..

Here's what happened.. I went to a party, i got home drunk and i forgot to put BP before i sleep (but i washed my face). In the morning i was too lazy to do the regimen and decided to do it at night. When i looked at the mirror... tadaaa! i got 2 little zits and a big one on my cheek..so shocked, i spilled out some BP on the floor then applied it on my face (supposing that the floor is clean) The day after, i got another big zit on my forehead.. tsktsk    i was freaking out so i got my beauche cream (the one i used before this regimen) as a spot treatment.. and poof! now the 4zits are arleady full grown and about to explode.. i know your thinking how stupid i am now... hahahaha comfort.gif

here are few questions:rolleyes.gif

1. is it because of alcohol?

2. or is it because i failed to put BP twice?

3. or, is adding the beauche cream or any other cream to this regimen not advisable?

4. any advise for my stupidity? hahaha

eusa_pray.gif

Hello Irene! :)

Breaking out on your first month of the regimen is very very normal. I do not think it is because of the alcohol. Missing the regimen may impact your face the week or two weeks after, but I don't think it will affect you as fast as the next day. I think it is just your skin purging all of the acne out.

I do not recommend adding anything to your regimen for now. Wait till you get clear then you can slowly experiment with other products.

As for number 4...don't be too hard on yourself. Haha. We all like to enjoy ourselves from time to time. Although alcohol can be dehydrating and bad for the skin, I have noticed (at least for me anyway) that clear liquid alcohol is better for my skin (not better, but does not have as much of the bad skin effects as beer and dark liquor). It also has less calories!! I'd stick with Vodka instead of grabbing a beer or Tanduay. Hahaha.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#43 ireneferdz08

ireneferdz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, I agree that it is purging all of the acne out. That's y i am surprised that i got my skin cleared in just a week. yun pala naguumpisa palang ang digmaan hahahahah anyways thanks sgain nicmic.. i shall return hahaha mwah! hifive.gif 

#44 Frasier

Frasier

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I am very happy for you cool.png  cool.png  cool.png

#45 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, I agree that it is purging all of the acne out. That's y i am surprised that i got my skin cleared in just a week. yun pala naguumpisa palang ang digmaan hahahahah anyways thanks sgain nicmic.. i shall return hahaha mwah! hifive.gif 

Yup. My 3rd and 4th week was when all my acne started to come out, so I believe it is that.

I am very happy for you cool.png  cool.png  cool.png

Awww. Thanks very much! :)

Morning Routine:
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#46 tanna23

tanna23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting the clearest skin possible on my face, chest and back before my wedding next year. I don't want a single pimple or a single mark anywhere on my body.

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

I was put on the same combination birth control (Krimson 35 where I'm from) for my hormone imbalance. The gynae told me it would clear up my skin. I was so happy but it didn't help one bit. I came off it in January... and it made me break out like crazy at first but my skin seems to be getting back to normal. But everything else is kinda saying that I might need to go back on it. 

Anyway... your skin looks really amazing. it's really great now (you know... on its own), but when you compare it it's just inspiring. I look at your pictures and think "Yes! there is hope!" :) Happy the regimen worked so well for you. :)

#47 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I was put on the same combination birth control (Krimson 35 where I'm from) for my hormone imbalance. The gynae told me it would clear up my skin. I was so happy but it didn't help one bit. I came off it in January... and it made me break out like crazy at first but my skin seems to be getting back to normal. But everything else is kinda saying that I might need to go back on it. 

Anyway... your skin looks really amazing. it's really great now (you know... on its own), but when you compare it it's just inspiring. I look at your pictures and think "Yes! there is hope!" smile.png Happy the regimen worked so well for you. smile.png

Birth control is not for everyone. I still have my PCOS but I was surprised that my regimen now has been able to control my breakouts. I'm very happy about that. And yes, there is hope. We just need a bit of help sometimes that's why we are here on the acne.org boards.

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

#48 Heyitskaye

Heyitskaye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Im on my 5th week and im almost givin up ;( sick and tired of waiting :(

#49 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

Im on my 5th week and im almost givin up ;( sick and tired of waiting sad.png

We all feel that way. Especially since most of us have had acne for a long time. But if you want to see great results, time goes hand in hand with it. Try not to think about it very much and just stick to the regimen. :)

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

#50 Heyitskaye

Heyitskaye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

We all feel that way. Especially since most of us have had acne for a long time. But if you want to see great results, time goes hand in hand with it. Try not to think about it very much and just stick to the regimen. :)

Awwwh :( im gonna cry seriously :( thank god i found this website. And thank you for the advice. I just feel down everytime i see another breakout each day. Im on my 6th weeks now, i hope i get cleared up at the 10th week, fingers crossed

#51 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

1.  What topical products did you try before the regimen?

2.  You mention these photos were 3 years ago when your acne was at its worst.  But right before when you started the regimen, was that how your face looked or was it better compared to the photos that you shown?

3.  My jawline area is similar to yours.  The difference however is i have a lot of cystic pimples in that area.  Your jawline in the photo of your left face are more like cysts though i see some cystic pimples.  Is that area around your jawline and cheeks called cysts whereas some spots in your face where its a pimple called a cystic pimple?  For example would it be correct to say most of your face had lumpy cysts whereas you had not that many cystic pimples?  

4.  I see the regimen you use with the cetaphil cleanser, then dan's bp 2.5 and then the cetaphil moisturizer.  Would you say using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer is a must?  Would it be a bad idea to use cerave cleanser or cetaphil moisturizer?  What about a cleanser like purpose cleanser?  The thing is that feels more like baby shampoo so maybe that won't be effective?   Do you think if you use cerave moisturizing lotion, or some other thing like aveeno moisturizing lotion with collaidal oatmeal that might not work?  I heard ppl mention olay moisturizer for spf 15 people mentioned.  Thus don't take any chances and do cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer?

5.  Did you use any makeup while you were on the regimen?

6.  Did your cystic pimples/acne ever bled when you cleansed your face?  I know you are suppose to be gentle washing your face on the regimen.

7.  You mentioned your acne cleared after 10 weeks.  You also mentioned your hyperpigmentation went away.  How long did it took for the hyperpigmentation to go away?  Because i know benzoyl peroxide makes red marks last longer but the way you talked about hyperpigmention, you said it went away pretty easily.  Was it because of the 10 percent aha u used or the jojoba oil?  Which do you contribute it more to?  Because i would have thought the hyperpigmention you had would take an extremely long time to go away because of the active acne you had in the pictures?

8.  My derm recommended me to take solodyn and use epiduo.  I dont have insurance and solodyn cost $1000 usd per month and i was told i have to take it for 3 whole months.  Problem is i read reviews about it and many say its not worth it and many said it doesn't do much.  I dont mind paying 1000 usd per month for it if i know it would work but when reviews say its not so great etc, obviously i dont want to bother with it.  Are you familiar with epiduo?  It cost $100 per bottle i believe and derm told me to use this.  I see its bp 2.5 and 1 percent adalepene.  I was told by my derm it would take 3 months for it to show results.  Do you think i should go with the epiduo or go with Dan's regimen?  The price to me is not a big difference as epiduo might cost max $150 and it last 3 months and dan's bp cost 45 dollars or so for 3 months.

Do you think i should go with dan's regimen or go with the epiduo?   I really want to go with dan's regimen after looking at your photos but then again i kinda want to do what my derm says and use epiduo.  

9.  Do you believe the other stuff you did helped your cystic acne?  You mentioned you started taking zinc and d3 but that was after this cystic acne cleared up?  I used zinc and d3 before and it didn't help at all.

Edited by drewfish01, 26 July 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#52 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

10.   The other thing is whenever i had acne i used an aqua glycolic cleanser for my face and washed it pretty harsh for the cystic pimples i use to have.  Back then i cleared up my acne this way... it would bleed b/c i wash it hard but it worked for me this way.  Now it doesn't work anymore.  I also used neutrogena acne defense lotion that has 2 percent salcylic acid for acne i had and it usually helped.  But for my cystic pimples, it doesn't do much it seems.  

Would you say benzoyl peroxide is the best for these pimples?  The thing is i used BP many years ago back when i used the regimen and it didn't work for me.  I also didn't do the regimen correctly but back then the reason why i stopped was b/c i heard benzoyl peroxide made red marks last longer.  I read that is true when i ask others this which is why i go with salyclic acid as oppose to BP.  That is the reason why i refused to use any bp because it made red marks take very long to fade.

Do you think that is untrue since your marks cleared pretty quickly?  Basically all i want was an acne cream that cleared pimples but didn't leave any red marks.  The salyclic acid 2 percent cream i used worked many years for me when i got pimples but now it isn't that effective anymore.  

#53 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

1.  What topical products did you try before the regimen?

--- I have tried numerous topicals. Salicylic acid, 10% benzoyl peroxide (not the complete regimen). scrubs, witch hazel, retin-a..etc.

2.  You mention these photos were 3 years ago when your acne was at its worst.  But right before when you started the regimen, was that how your face looked or was it better compared to the photos that you shown?

--- when I started the regimen I was on Diane 35, a BCP which helped a little bit. It lessened the acne on my forehead and nose, but my jawline and chin were still crowded with cysts.

3.  My jawline area is similar to yours.  The difference however is i have a lot of cystic pimples in that area.  Your jawline in the photo of your left face are more like cysts though i see some cystic pimples.  Is that area around your jawline and cheeks called cysts whereas some spots in your face where its a pimple called a cystic pimple?  For example would it be correct to say most of your face had lumpy cysts whereas you had not that many cystic pimples?  

--- yes, those were mostly cysts on my jawline.

4.  I see the regimen you use with the cetaphil cleanser, then dan's bp 2.5 and then the cetaphil moisturizer.  Would you say using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer is a must?  Would it be a bad idea to use cerave cleanser or cetaphil moisturizer?  What about a cleanser like purpose cleanser?  The thing is that feels more like baby shampoo so maybe that won't be effective?   Do you think if you use cerave moisturizing lotion, or some other thing like aveeno moisturizing lotion with collaidal oatmeal that might not work?  I heard ppl mention olay moisturizer for spf 15 people mentioned.  Thus don't take any chances and do cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer?

--- I use cerave as my day time moisturizer because it absorbs well into my skin faster. but for night time moisturizing, i prefer cetaphil. You can use cerave, others have used it successfully yo clear their acne on the regimen. I have no experience with purpose so I couldn't say. I basically just use cetaphil because it works and it doesn't break me out and it is always readily available where I'm from.

5.  Did you use any makeup while you were on the regimen?

--- I did use a tinted moisturizer for a while but I have it up until I was clear because with the regimen you tend to get really sensitive skin. to the point where your skin feels like its burning. I started make-up again when my skin got used to the BP already.

6.  Did your cystic pimples/acne ever bled when you cleansed your face?  I know you are suppose to be gentle washing your face on the regimen.

--- nope. i was very gentle. but i still picked at them though which is the main reason why it bled.

7.  You mentioned your acne cleared after 10 weeks.  You also mentioned your hyperpigmentation went away.  How long did it took for the hyperpigmentation to go away?  Because i know benzoyl peroxide makes red marks last longer but the way you talked about hyperpigmention, you said it went away pretty easily.  Was it because of the 10 percent aha u used or the jojoba oil?  Which do you contribute it more to?  Because i would have thought the hyperpigmention you had would take an extremely long time to go away because of the active acne you had in the pictures?

--- AHA definitely helped with the hyper pigmentation. Once my skin was used to the BP, I incorporated AHA in and spot treated my red marks before I put the BP on my face. This worked much faster for me than putting on the AHA after the BP. It takes time, but it eventually does go away. I also use it as a spot treatment for new pimples. They go away much faster without leaving any red marks.

8.  My derm recommended me to take solodyn and use epiduo.  I dont have insurance and solodyn cost $1000 usd per month and i was told i have to take it for 3 whole months.  Problem is i read reviews about it and many say its not worth it and many said it doesn't do much.  I dont mind paying 1000 usd per month for it if i know it would work but when reviews say its not so great etc, obviously i dont want to bother with it.  Are you familiar with epiduo?  It cost $100 per bottle i believe and derm told me to use this.  I see its bp 2.5 and 1 percent adalepene.  I was told by my derm it would take 3 months for it to show results.  Do you think i should go with the epiduo or go with Dan's regimen?  The price to me is not a big difference as epiduo might cost max $150 and it last 3 months and dan's bp cost 45 dollars or so for 3 months.

--- I don't have any experience with epiduo. So I couldn't really give you my opinion.

Do you think i should go with dan's regimen or go with the epiduo?   I really want to go with dan's regimen after looking at your photos but then again i kinda want to do what my derm says and use epiduo.  

--- I say do your research and see which is more doable for you and your lifestyle. The regimen isn't something to get into lightly. It takes patience and determination since in the first few weeks the regimen can be very uncomfortable. It is really up to you.

9.  Do you believe the other stuff you did helped your cystic acne?  You mentioned you started taking zinc and d3 but that was after this cystic acne cleared up?  I used zinc and d3 before and it didn't help at all.

--- I think maybe it did help that I was on the birth control, but really most of it was because of the regimen. 

10.   The other thing is whenever i had acne i used an aqua glycolic cleanser for my face and washed it pretty harsh for the cystic pimples i use to have.  Back then i cleared up my acne this way... it would bleed b/c i wash it hard but it worked for me this way.  Now it doesn't work anymore.  I also used neutrogena acne defense lotion that has 2 percent salcylic acid for acne i had and it usually helped.  But for my cystic pimples, it doesn't do much it seems.  

Would you say benzoyl peroxide is the best for these pimples?  The thing is i used BP many years ago back when i used the regimen and it didn't work for me.  I also didn't do the regimen correctly but back then the reason why i stopped was b/c i heard benzoyl peroxide made red marks last longer.  I read that is true when i ask others this which is why i go with salyclic acid as oppose to BP.  That is the reason why i refused to use any bp because it made red marks take very long to fade.

Do you think that is untrue since your marks cleared pretty quickly?  Basically all i want was an acne cream that cleared pimples but didn't leave any red marks.  The salyclic acid 2 percent cream i used worked many years for me when i got pimples but now it isn't that effective anymore.  

I'm not a dermatologist so I can't say BP is best, but it worked best for me under the context of the regimen. I have used BP before too and it was harsh and irritating and most probably I gave up too quickly. But with the regimen, and reading more about it, I understood that everything was a process and like any other, it needed time and patience.

Red marks do last longer. Before the regimen, my healed pimple marks went away in two days, Under the regimen it took a few weeks like 2 or 3 to get rid of. But with continuous use, you stop getting acne, so no acne, so red marks. 

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

#54 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for your response. 

About the red marks lasting longer... I don't consider a healed pimple red mark lasting 2 or 3 weeks as oppose to 2 days to go away as that big of a deal.  I meant like a healed pimple mark goes away in a few days but using benzoyl peroxide would make it last 1 year or so.

The reason i ask this is b/c back when i used the regimen many years ago, my red marks were very bad and stayed for 1+ years and even though some of it faded, it never faded that well.  So when my acne came back and now its cystic, i'm just really hesistant about the BP mainly b/c of the red mark thing.  Obviously acne is worst than red marks since red marks you cant actually cover it up.

Would you say if i just get 1 bottle, go cerave or cetaphil for moisturizing lotion?  Also, the cleanser... you used the cetaphil one i see for day and night.  I used that cleanser back when i was on the regimen and i stopped b/c it didn't felt like it did anything for my face.  It basically feels like water.  Like it doesn't clean your face.  I assume thats how you felt as well?  You mention others say cerave moisturizing lotion worked for others but what about the cleanser.  Did you read about anyone here on the regimen with the cerave cleanser as oppose to cetaphil?  Seems like theres 2 different ones, a hydrating cleanser and a foaming facial cleanser.  

Can you explain why you say the regimen isn't something you can do lightly and takes determination?  I did the regimen back in 2005 i recalled and what i disliked about it was it made my face red and drying.  Im also sure i did it incorrectly back then as i cleansed my face longer than 10 seconds and probably didnt let the bp absorb enough.  But what do you mean by its going to take alot of determination?  So once i watch the video and instruction of dan doing it, wouldn't it be kinda easy to follow?  I do recall you have to wait 15 minute after washing your face and then put the bp and then 15 minute to put on moisturizer and it does take time and you have to do it twice a day.  I mean i won't give up on it if i know in 3 months it will clear my cystic acne but i think what you mean is after a few weeks you will 100 percent breakout from it and then not want to continue because it gets worst after a few weeks and then you dont want to do it anymore and then do another method?

#55 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for your response. 

About the red marks lasting longer... I don't consider a healed pimple red mark lasting 2 or 3 weeks as oppose to 2 days to go away as that big of a deal.  I meant like a healed pimple mark goes away in a few days but using benzoyl peroxide would make it last 1 year or so.

--- 5 weeks into the regimen I already incorporated AHA into my routine so my red marks didn't last a year. I was lucky enough that it went away in a couple of months.

The reason i ask this is b/c back when i used the regimen many years ago, my red marks were very bad and stayed for 1+ years and even though some of it faded, it never faded that well.  So when my acne came back and now its cystic, i'm just really hesistant about the BP mainly b/c of the red mark thing.  Obviously acne is worst than red marks since red marks you cant actually cover it up.

Would you say if i just get 1 bottle, go cerave or cetaphil for moisturizing lotion?  Also, the cleanser... you used the cetaphil one i see for day and night.  I used that cleanser back when i was on the regimen and i stopped b/c it didn't felt like it did anything for my face.  It basically feels like water.  Like it doesn't clean your face.  I assume thats how you felt as well?  You mention others say cerave moisturizing lotion worked for others but what about the cleanser.  Did you read about anyone here on the regimen with the cerave cleanser as oppose to cetaphil?  Seems like theres 2 different ones, a hydrating cleanser and a foaming facial cleanser.  

--- Before the gentle cleanser I used the Daily Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin...that one felt like it cleaned my face better, but that one was more drying than the Gentle one. I have seen people say they use the cerave cleanser. Not sure which one they meant but some posters here swear by cerave and won't go near cetaphil. Try to search those posts out.

Can you explain why you say the regimen isn't something you can do lightly and takes determination?  I did the regimen back in 2005 i recalled and what i disliked about it was it made my face red and drying.  Im also sure i did it incorrectly back then as i cleansed my face longer than 10 seconds and probably didnt let the bp absorb enough.  But what do you mean by its going to take alot of determination?  So once i watch the video and instruction of dan doing it, wouldn't it be kinda easy to follow?  I do recall you have to wait 15 minute after washing your face and then put the bp and then 15 minute to put on moisturizer and it does take time and you have to do it twice a day.  I mean i won't give up on it if i know in 3 months it will clear my cystic acne but i think what you mean is after a few weeks you will 100 percent breakout from it and then not want to continue because it gets worst after a few weeks and then you dont want to do it anymore and then do another method?

--- the regimen is not a cure, it is a daily regimen you keep up with. if you stop, there is a possibility that acne will come back so it is definitely maintenance. it is not easy to have to do it religiously every morning and night if you are not used to a routine. especially a routine that is quite specific because deviating from it could break you out. the regimen also doesn't guarantee clear skin in 3 months. it is different from person to person. for some, they clear up as quickly as three, for others they clear up in 6. All I'm saying is, if you want to give it another shot, then make sure you do everything to the exact instructions and do not be impatient. 

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

#56 Eamene

Eamene

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

nicmic I see that your routine uses only 1 pump of BP morning and evening, is this because you are clear now or did you always do that approach?

#57 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

nicmic I see that your routine uses only 1 pump of BP morning and evening, is this because you are clear now or did you always do that approach?

I started out not using Dan's BP. I used Benzac AC which comes in a tube. I used one finger's length of it like Dan instructed. I got clear from doing that for about 4 months.

When I switched to Dan's pump bottle two months ago, I saw that the recommended amount was two full pumps. I felt that the two pumps was waaaaay more than I used to apply so I cut down the dosage to just one. Throughout the weeks I managed to stay clear with just one pump so I didn't have to increase it back to two.

I say if you can stay clear with less BP, then that should be the way to go. :)

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

#58 missO88

missO88

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hey, was really motivating reading your posts and looking at your pictures. It's amazing how different your skin look & I'm really happy for you :).

I really hope I can get to that stage at some point. Also reading that you stayed clear using only one pump is good to hear. I found using anything more than that was way too much for my skin to absorb.. but was a bit worried one pump may not be enough to clear my skin.

Fingers crossed it works for me!

#59 Heyitskaye

Heyitskaye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

You are so inspiring. Im on my 8th week and 4th day today and i still get cystic pimples. I have like 5 of them now :( What was your skin like at this time while you were still on the regimen?

#60 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hey, was really motivating reading your posts and looking at your pictures. It's amazing how different your skin look & I'm really happy for you smile.png.

I really hope I can get to that stage at some point. Also reading that you stayed clear using only one pump is good to hear. I found using anything more than that was way too much for my skin to absorb.. but was a bit worried one pump may not be enough to clear my skin.

Fingers crossed it works for me!

Thank you very much! I'm glad in some way it was motivating. :)

One pump works great for me so I don't bother adding more. If you have difficulty getting clear with one pump, you could always go to two pumps, and when you get clear slowly go back to one pump. A lot of regimen users do it that way.

Best of luck! My fingers are crossed for you as well. :)

You are so inspiring. Im on my 8th week and 4th day today and i still get cystic pimples. I have like 5 of them now sad.png What was your skin like at this time while you were still on the regimen?

I think during my 8th week I wasn't really getting any new breakouts. My acne at that time was going down already and I was seeing a lot of improvement.

Don't get discouraged with 5 spots, it is still normal to breakout. I still get the occasional 3-4 zits every month. I blame girl hormones and all that. Sometimes the regimen just can't fight everything. hehe. Can I ask if you have incorporated AHA into your regimen? I find that when ever I get a spot, BP plus the AHA is a good spot treatment and make it go away faster. Just a tip in case you are interest. :)

Morning Routine:

Evening Routine:

Extras:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users