Photo

Pretty Clear Right Now... ;)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 Ribbonettes

Ribbonettes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

When you say beef are you referring to conventional beef or grass fed beef?

When I am at home eating, I like to buy organic, grass-fed beef.  I just feel it is overall better, and plus cows are ruminants.  They are supposed to be eating grass.  Feeding them something like corn is just... awful . And grass fed beef is much healthier for you (especially with the omega 3/6 ratio of grass vs. conventional).   So again, when I go out to eat, I do not eat meat.  Only rare occasions when I am going out with my korean friends, we will go to a korean restaurant,... or a vietnamese restaurant I will eat meat.  However, it is nothing like a steak.  The meat is in the soup, and it is in very small amounts.  Look up "pho"  or "seul lang tang" to see what I mean.    My mom still buys conventional beef/meat.  So I eat them, but it is not often.  Before changing my diet, I would eat meat AND fake meat 3 times a day, sometimes more.  I eat meat now about.....2 times a week?  If that.  I've gone 2 weeks without eating any meat.  And when I do eat meat for example, I do not eat a whole chicken, or chicken breast.  I will make homemade chicken soup.....   The only time I eat a huge piece of meat is steak. 

I do notice that when I eat conventional beef, I get a few pimples (about 2) around my jaw/cheek area.  However, it was not the main cause of all of my cysts and irritation.  So in summary, I do still eat conventional meat, but very sparingly, and the effect on my acne is not severe.  I would say it is very minor.  Mind you my acne was severe, and I was recommended accutane over and over and over and over again.  So to me, 2 pimples from eating out with my friend (very small pimples that go away in a day or two), do not bother me or concern me.

smile.png

Again, I avoid eating meat at restaurants when I KNOW that they have put a marinade on it to make it taste like a certain flavor.

I was once pro-paleo,.... but now I am pro-vegan/vegetarian/plant-based diet.  I do not label myself as a pescatarian, or vegan, or vegetarian because I am not one,... since even though I do not have to eat meat for a month, I still eat meat.

smile.png

good luck!

Thx xD Would you consider scallops crustaceans? I know farm raised seafood is not good at all.. but I am checking out wild Alaskan products and they have things like Alaskan shrimp and Alaskan scallop.  I know crustaceans are the bottom feeders, but if they are wild from the ocean do you think they would still cause problems?  I am just wondering eusa_think.gif  I always like to consider what the animal eats and if it's something bad, I can usually tell if it's going to break me out or not.

Edited by Ribbonettes, 26 June 2013 - 01:27 AM.

#22 IDK111

IDK111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Edited by IDK111, 17 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.