#1 XXYY

XXYY

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

^ in the title really,

I feel like male acne is a lot more stubborn (generally men have thicker, oilier skin than women) and a lot of the ladies on here combine their treatment with birth control or other hormone related treatments that we men obviously cant use.

So without wanting to look sexist I thought it would be worth creating a thread for guys to post what they are using and what works for them.

Include any vitamins/supplements, too, because I imagine the different vitamins would work differently in male bodies (im no scientist so correct me if im wrong).

Ive also  read a lot different things regarding masturbation - for some people, absitence works, but ive read that masturbating on a regular basis works for some guys too, maybe that levels out hormone levels if you do it routinely?

#2 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

zinc, saw palmetto and abstinence works for me I think

#3 microbiek

microbiek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

I abstained last year and it did clear me up to a certain extent but then you find your 30ish days in and you cave. Its not really sustainable IMO. 

I take B5, B complex, Acetyl L Carnitine, NAC and saw palmetto and it was working from Dec til mid April, I was 90% clear and was pretty much happy with whatever was left. (I get acne around my mouth). Anyway just last week I brokeout with like 8-10 whiteheads which was strange as I never get them and never breakout with more than 3 spots! 

Its still going but I feel/hope it will fade and go back to normal I dont know what else to try at this stage. 

I felt like I had found what mostly worked for me but perhaps not:/

#4 Jug

Jug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I may try saw palmetto again. I was informed to take it at night which caused me to be a very light sleeper with vivid dreams. Hopefully taking it in the morning may help. I'm also possibly looking into trying clearetto. 

#5 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I take Propecia 1 mg for my hair loss and that has very similar DHT inhibiting properties as Saw Palmetto does. I wouldn't say it's done anything significant for my acne, but I do think it has helped a little bit.

I'm thinking of just taking a good quality, daily multivitamin in the future, as they've helped me in the past. I really hate taking 5324 different ones, when I can just take them all in one single pill. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users