Photo

Spironolactone: Need Advice Regarding Dosage! (Picture Included)

spironolactone hormonal acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Baybreeze

Baybreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yupp and that's why I'm kind of unsure about my derm. It's been driving me crazy not using any type of toner because I feel like with this hormonal breakout I'm also getting more clogged pores which doesn't help. Do you get the salyclic gel cleanser?

#22 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

no, i used to use the salicylic acid cleanser every other day and then i switched to twice a day every day and it was too much for me. i got contact dermatitis from it so now i just use the gel cleanser. its my fault though i tried a different kind of salicylic acid cleanser in the past and had issues with it so i should have never tried another one. the gel cleanser works great though and doesnt dry out my skin.

its this one:

http://www.hylunia.c...l-cleansing-gel

Edited by tracy521, 28 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#23 hearts

hearts

♡ ♡ ♡

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

that is strange she mentioned the ivory soap as well because soap is so bad for your skin. i do like thayers non-alcohol witch hazel toner because its cheap and does the job

I love Thayer's Witch Hazel (I use the one with lavender) too! It's super gentle, cleans, helps with any inflammation, and tightens my pores. I've used witch hazel (a few types) on indented scars and have seen a lot of improvement, as well. I can't even imagine it being bad for your skin.

I can't use regular soaps like Ivory at all... they dry me out like CRAZY and irritate my skin.