Photo

--

gluten free

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DELETEPLEASE

DELETEPLEASE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

--

Edited by DELETEPLEASE, 06 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#2 sleptember

sleptember

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I am severely gluten intolerant - this intolerance is responsible for a number of my health problems, including acne (I breakout when I ingest it). It took me a few weeks to experience the positive effects of a gluten-free diet on my mood and energy levels. Took a few months for a  gluten-free diet to heal my digestive system. Took about a year to see real improvements with skin.

Edited by sleptember, 03 April 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

You can see improvements anywhere from a week to a few months, but it can take years and years to fully heal from the damage of gluten.

#4 DELETEPLEASE

DELETEPLEASE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

--

Edited by DELETEPLEASE, 06 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#5 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes. You have to do it for much longer than a month. I'd say try it for 4-5 months at least.

#6 Beezie

Beezie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

I cut out gluten from my diet and my skin did clear up a little. I also lost a little weight however I was experiencing some stomach issues with avoiding gluten because a lot of gluten free breads contain more sugar to make up for the lack of gluten. In other words to add some substance. I just wasn't getting enough fiber I think. So I didn't think it was very healthy for me so I only eat wheat once a meal now and my digestion is back to normal. I found that eating wheat would only really give me small pimples. For me dairy was the big culprit I was diagnosed with a sensitivity to it and it made me break out the most. So I avoid dairy completely and eat wheat in moderation. However if you have wheat sensitivity then it would be best for you to avoid it completely. Just make sure to get enough fiber in your diet if you go gluten free! A healthy digestion is definitely important and your skin will thank you for it!

#7 sleptember

sleptember

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yes. You have to do it for much longer than a month. I'd say try it for 4-5 months at least.

Definitely.

I cut out gluten from my diet and my skin did clear up a little. I also lost a little weight however I was experiencing some stomach issues with avoiding gluten because a lot of gluten free breads contain more sugar to make up for the lack of gluten. In other words to add some substance. I just wasn't getting enough fiber I think. So I didn't think it was very healthy for me so I only eat wheat once a meal now and my digestion is back to normal. I found that eating wheat would only really give me small pimples. For me dairy was the big culprit I was diagnosed with a sensitivity to it and it made me break out the most. So I avoid dairy completely and eat wheat in moderation. However if you have wheat sensitivity then it would be best for you to avoid it completely. Just make sure to get enough fiber in your diet if you go gluten free! A healthy digestion is definitely important and your skin will thank you for it!

Watch out for these gluten-free manufactured foods. As Beezie points out they contain a lot of sugar and other additives so if you're going gluten free but still eating these junk foods (yes, they're junk) and you're not seeing results this is the problem.

A diet rich in a variety of vegetables and fruits should give one enough fiber.

Edited by sleptember, 05 April 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#8 Natalie411

Natalie411

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Like I said in my first post, I've tried Gluten Free a couple times before, but no longer than a month.

Is it worth it to try again for a few months? Either way I'm going to, but I just would like to not think it's all in vain.

Have you tried going completely dairy free? I cut out dairy 2 weeks ago and almost magically all cysts stopped appearing. Only tiny pustules pop up sometimes and that too because I have been baking last week. Im not sure if wheat is an issue for me. Dairy definitely is.

#9 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Yeah going gluten free isn't going to do very much if you eat all the same foods but gluten free versions. You're still loading up on grains and junk. I don't eat any grains or bread at all, for the most part. Definitely not with any sort of regularity (I've been eating rice maybe once every 2 weeks or less). If you feel you need bread for fiber, you're missing out on a massive portion of your diet that is supposed to be nutrient dense greens and veggies.

#10 DELETEPLEASE

DELETEPLEASE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

--

Edited by DELETEPLEASE, 06 April 2013 - 06:40 PM.