Photo

Any Good Medication For Mild/moderate Acne?

medication antibiotics acne forehead

2 replies to this topic

#1 sdsfdf

sdsfdf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Edited by sdsfdf, 02 January 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi, has anyone had any good experience with any tablets that helped clear up your acne? i've heard about panothen, minocycline, eracne and reading about acnepril. People said they've worked but i'm not too sure.. just need opinions as i'm thinking of asking my doctor about these. 

I was on minocycline for a good 3 months and birth control pills as well. It completely cleared me for 10 months. I went on the medication again when it came back but the 2nd time it took longer to get rid of the acne. So, yeah, it worked for me, but in the long run it comes back and you build up a resistance to it then eventually it probably won't work anymore. At least for me.

#3 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Doxycycline and bactrim were the antibiotics I used at different points for my acne (which is moderate /moderate to severe at times). Those antibiotics along with using a benzoyl peroxide topical gel had my skin pretty clear - maybe just one odd spot. That took about 3 or 4 months and I remained clear after stopping them for about a month (a bit longer with bactrim I think) But,as with most antibiotics and for most people with acne, once you stop taking them your acne comes back. So my acne came back after about a month of not using the antibiotics. And I don't like the idea of long term antibiotic use so that's why I haven't gone back on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users