Photo

4 Month Update & Review!

dkr clear skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well it's been 4 months ago that I started this regimen. It's been a long hard battle but it's been so worth it! I had moderate cystic acne when I started this regimen. I couldn't even open my mouth all the way bc of the acne along my jawline and cheeks. I was constantly in pain and discomfort. Not to mention embarrassed by people starring at me. Has no one ever seen acne before? Jeesh!

So currently I have 2 tiny baby bumps on my chin. Those go away very quickly now. The rest of my face is so smooth and even less oily! I still have lots of hyper pigmentation on my cheeks, but that's going away as well. I still wear makeup and now concealer bc my marks are so easy to cover up. I've always wondered what my skin would look like clear and now thanks to Dan's regimen I know!

My overall review would be a 9 out of 10. The only reason it's not a 10 is bc of the red marks I got afterward. I am so very very very happy with my results. I want to thank everyone who helped me through this process (which felt like forever!) and all those who advised me not to quit. To anyone looking into this for an answer to your acne problems, give this a try!
AM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple protecting light moisturize
PM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple replenishing rich moisturizer 

#2 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

So happy for you! Post before/after pictures if you can! :)

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#3 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

You can see my whole progress on my profile gallery
http://www.acne.org/...661-aadams0509/
AM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple protecting light moisturize
PM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple replenishing rich moisturizer 

#4 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work!!! Believe it or not, it gets even better from here on out... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#5 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Not only does your acne look like it's healing, but your skin tone looks beautiful also!

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#6 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thank you guys! I hadn't even noticed my skin tone was improving, thank you for pointing it out. That just made my day!!!

#7 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Brilliant! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that :)

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#8 Ninjawizard

Ninjawizard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

great progress you have beautiful eyes gahd damn!  keep us updated my confidence feeds on these great posts of people with positive attitudes and awareness.

#9 MichelleKL77

MichelleKL77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

So great girl, congrats! 

#10 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm really glad to have recorded my progress, I can see how far I've come! Everyone keep up the good work on your own regimens, this really works if u put in the time!!

#11 facelune

facelune

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

congrats!