Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hello880

Does It Look Like I'm Losing Hair From Accutane?

6 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've noticed my hair falling out slightly more than before and I've been on Accutane for almost 3 weeks. I never took pictures of my scalp before so I don't have anything to compare this picture to, but does it look like I have bald spots?

imag1428n.jpg

From this pic I would say no. Doesnt look like bald spots. Ive been on accutane for 2.5 months and my hair has been thinning over the last 2 weeks. Nobody else has noticed, but to me, if I part my hair, it seems like the scalp showing through in the parting is more obvious which I would guess is what your thinking too about yourself? I can understand the paranoia, I feel it as well, but I guess its one of those things that you have to deal with when taking accutane. Ive started asking friends/family to check through my hair for bald spots and to be brutally honest with me if it looks like I AM getting patches. So far ive been told that my hair looks normal, so im gonna trust them to bring it up if I start losing it in a big way.

1 person likes this

From this pic I would say no. Doesnt look like bald spots. Ive been on accutane for 2.5 months and my hair has been thinning over the last 2 weeks. Nobody else has noticed, but to me, if I part my hair, it seems like the scalp showing through in the parting is more obvious which I would guess is what your thinking too about yourself? I can understand the paranoia, I feel it as well, but I guess its one of those things that you have to deal with when taking accutane. Ive started asking friends/family to check through my hair for bald spots and to be brutally honest with me if it looks like I AM getting patches. So far ive been told that my hair looks normal, so im gonna trust them to bring it up if I start losing it in a big way.

Same, I've been asking all my friends about my hair and they all say they don't see anything different. But I've gotten so paranoid that I get really scared every time I see one strand of hair fall out, but it's strange since I never remembered seeing random strands of hair fall out during the day before.... Every time I run my fingers through my hair, another strand comes out :/ Don't know if this is normal or not though. Really don't want to stop accutane anyways so I guess I'll just deal with it.

we lose up to 100 hairs per day, that looks like a normal growth pattern on your head - you have nothing to worry about :)

1 person likes this

I know this is a bit dead, but could we get an update on how things turned out? I'm going through it right now...

The lady who cuts my hair told me today she thinks my hair is thicker than it was last time and I'm on week 3.

Morning:

1. Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser
  2. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner
  3. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid (M-F)
  4. Paula's Choice CLEAR 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (When I have active blemishes)
  5. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum with Retinol
  6. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM With SPF 30

Night:

1. Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
  2. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner
  3. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel (TR only)
  4. Paula's Choice CLEAR 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (When I have active blemishes)
  5. Tretinoin Cream 0.025% (MWF only)
  6. Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum
  7. Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
  8. Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Moisturizer (around eyes only)

Weekly Treatments:

1. Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask (Every 3-4 Nights)
  2. Paula's Choice RESIST 4% BHA Foam (Saturday Night)
  3. Paula's Choice RESIST 10% AHA Liquid (Sunday Night)