Photo

Raw Food Diet - My Skin Not Oily At All After A Week!

raw food oily skin diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 squirrelsquirrel

squirrelsquirrel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Guys, for those who are struggling: there is hope! I have started a raw food diet about a week ago and my skin improved so dramatically I think I might just have cured my acne! I am 35 yrs old and have had acne and oily skin all my life. 

I eat mostly raw fruit and vegetables (about 70-80% of my diet) and some hard-boiled eggs and canned fish. I eat no meat, no dairy, no bread or grains (except very small amount of oats with my morning shake). I eat nuts and seeds in small quantities and I never use oil on salads. I also eat cooked beans and lentils, about a can a day. 

My skin stopped being oily only after a week of doing this and I saw that quite a few people on youtube have reported similar results, with pics. In the last tow days I have not had a single pimple come up on my face and it stopped getting flaky. It seemed to have regained its natural healthy hue; kind of like the inflammation is not there anymore.

On top of that, my depression and mood swings went away, just like that and I'm full of energy and very upbeat; I just don't worry! I feel very clear in my mind and focused. 

I think I have ran into an actual cure for acne.. If you guys are suffering, do your research. 

My meal plan (I have 4 meals a day):

breakfast shake: banana, apple, raw celery, raw carrots, spoonful of sunflower seeds, 2 spoonfuls of oats. Can add spinach, papaya, mango, cucumber, etc.

lunch- 2 boiled eggs or a can of lentils/beans, a big plate of raw fruit and veg. You can have raw broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, peppers, etc.

dinner - a can of fish and again a big plate of raw veg/fruit, maybe some nuts

evening snack - mostly raw fruit and veg, some nuts ( I love pecans:-)

Oh yeah, and I'm losing weight on this too:-) 

You can try eating raw for a week and see what it does for you. I guarantee that you will see the results!!

#2 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

i live with my parents(in india) and eating raw or many other things is always not possible.but how does raw veggies cooked or uncooked differ??

also i mean to live healthy.

also,considering one eats raw(completely).for how long can u continue?

Edited by aanabill, 03 June 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm glad you're eating healthy and feeling better. But the title is misleading. Your diet is in no way a "raw food diet."

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#4 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

On top of that, my depression and mood swings went away, just like that and I'm full of energy and very upbeat; I just don't worry! I feel very clear in my mind and focused. 

I think I have ran into an actual cure for acne.. If you guys are suffering, do your research.

I think you have it backwards. You had so much faith in this method, you started feeling really good, and cheered yourself up. Which has helped your acne.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'm glad you're eating healthy and feeling better. But the title is misleading. Your diet is in no way a "raw food diet."

Yes, that's what I was going to say.  It includes cooked beans and fish.  And while some cooking at low temps such as what occurs in food dehydrators, and vitamixes is allowed, beans need to be boiled. And it;s unlikely that the canned fish was cooked slowly at low temps.

I think you have it backwards. You had so much faith in this method, you started feeling really good, and cheered yourself up. Which has helped your acne.

Not necessarily. Diet does have a huge impact on mood and that has an impact on acne, sure. But the diet also has a much more direct impact on acne by affecting hormone balance and chronic inflammation levels.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#6 sleptember

sleptember

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm glad you're seeing results with this. Two things to consider:

• Canned food isn't the healthiest option. Why not buy fresh beans and lentils (they're very cheap) and boil them at home? Fresh fish is also easy to prepare.
  • Is this diet sustainable? To keep acne at bay and to maintain good health do you see yourself eating this way in the long term?

Good luck and continue to keep us updated on your results!

Edited by sleptember, 02 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#7 squirrelsquirrel

squirrelsquirrel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

I think there is something in this.. I think the way I felt, psychologically, was probably the most important factor. I have felt like I have found 'it', the solution to all my problems. 

I'm not so sure about it now. My diet has been fluctuating and my acne was fluctuating too and after the initial euphoria, it started coming back. 

At the moment I am not sure what works and what doesn't. I feel I need to wipe the slate clean and start again.

#8 janetjoseph67

janetjoseph67

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well, there is no harm in trying. Nothing else seems to be really helping, so I might as well also try this diet and see if it helps.