Photo

Itchy Face After Eating

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

I don't take cinnamon, I've heard it can be toxic. No, I don't take lemon water either, I don't have very good teeth. I explained my diet earlier. But I'll take a challenge to minimize my sugar intake for 30 days. There are no downsides so why not. Let's see what happens. 

why do u think cinnamon is toxic?

could u send me the link of where u've found that?

that'd be helpful.=)

aana

#22 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Cinnamon can be toxic in high doses, as can everything else. It also brings down your blood sugar, so I would avoid it if you're already hypoglycemic.

#23 vyrez

vyrez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I did some research and found out candida is pretty much BS. But the paleo diet definetily isn't and im going to continue it. I came across this adrenal fatigue thing and Im not sure about that. Symptoms are spot on and my life has been really stressful pretty much all my life after childhood. I also read that itching face might also be a symptom of adrenal fatigue. I used to eat really unhealthy also. Maybe that might be it, hard to say but it can be treated with paleo diet also. So im killing to birds with one stone. I bought good multivitamin and glutathione which is a strong antioxidant. Alongside them Im going to take 1g C vitamin with 30mg zinc, spirulina, milk thistle, burdock root, licorice root (short time), B5, B3 and pau d arco and caprylic acid which I bought for candida. But damn, the thing I would like to know most is why my face is itching/tingling after eating unhealthy foods, other mystery is why my lips become red after eating. I cant be allergic to everything! My lips become red even when eating just salad and drinking water. Maybe my lips are just inflamed because I drink hot tea about 4-5 times per day or they become red because of dryness. And I don't know what are the small bumps in my face and why I have redness! I took two new pics, they show pretty good what kind of bumps I have. 

http://postimg.org/image/yroi5u0tj/

http://postimg.org/image/e3m1hlhgp/

Edit: what about demodex? I have a cat and demodex causes itching. I also have zz cream which I bought for demodex about half a year ago, it helped but I was afraid to use it. I also have zinc pyrithione soap which I've been using for my body, it seems to help. 

Edited by vyrez, 15 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#24 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

sudden raised bumps-red-itch.jpg
sudden raised bumps-red-itch(2).jpg
P1010253.JPG

((((sorry about the lightning.i took in a trial room.lol.i just had sudden itch and bang!saw these bad ones on the mirror))))

here.do u think urs are similar?

i'll search some more and come back.

aana

#25 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Vyrez, do those bumps have anything in them?

Vyrez and aanabill, if you think it's food sensitivity, I would highly recommend colostrum. I haven't posted about it yet because I've only been off of it for about 4 days after 3 weeks of taking 1 gram 2x daily. But it seems like it has essentially cured my chest acne. I don't yet know if it's permanent. What I do know is that I ate 4 bags of sun chips yesterday and today and got no reaction. Oh, and 2 big slices of greasy pizza. Usually I get 6-15 red spots on my chest after 4-8 hours after eating wheat (and to a lesser extent, many other foods). These would turn into pustules if I continued to eat wheat for several days. 

My chest acne was mild, though, and I still have 2 very faint very small red spots in the middle of my chest. I think I would be able to gain more of a benefit from taking it longer, and I will go through another bottle in the near future.

If you think these spots are being caused by leaky gut/food sensitivities, colostrum might be worth trying. Be careful about brands, though. Immune Tree is the best, I've heard, and is the only certified brand (by Cornell University). I used Jarrow Formulas with success.

Also, I got more acne on my face only when I started taking it. Colostrum has lots of IGF-1 (growth factor), so I would expect some sort of breakout. It happened within 4 hours of the first dose for me, and I continued getting spots on my forehead in particular for most of the treatments. No more after I stopped, though, so I guess it's a little bit of short term pain for long term gain.

If it doesn't work, you can probably rule out leaky gut/food sensitivity. Another way of testing for the food sensitivity part is to see if you clear up a little when doing a highly restrictive diet. I did the SCD diet for 2 weeks over the summer and my chest was perfect. The day after I started eating wheat, I started getting spots again.

Also, I think it's important to note that I was eating whatever I wanted starting a week into the colostrum treatment, although I did try to limit the wheat to manageable quantities to minimize potential adverse reactions. But I've had pizza, burritos, cake, pie, chips, ice cream, all the garbage I felt like eating. I did experience slight reactions during the first 2 weeks. I think this was an important step in training my immune system - the immunoglobulins in the colostrum may have interacted with leukocytes or wheat antigens and mediated the response so that hypersensitivity reactions wouldn't occur. As in, I think it's important to eat the foods you are sensitive to while taking colostrum. I took 1 gram of colostrum in the morning before food (and waited 30+ minutes until eating), and took another 1 gram sometimes directly after a large meal consisting of many foods I was sensitive to, and sometimes right before going to bed.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. Try it if you think your condition might match what I described. (Also the spots almost always itched upon formation after eating, signifying IgE-mediated reaction maybe). Hope this helps

#26 vyrez

vyrez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Colostrum, interesting. I remember taking colostrum when i was about 14-16 years old. Sounds really scary to test but well at least I could rule those two things out. I will test that at some point. I tried 2 weeks strict paleo diet, my chest acne pretty much vanished and body acne was better also. Face was pretty much same as before. Some bumps seem to be just bumps, like raised skin and they are never alone, they are in groups. The bumps on my cheeck area near nose has something in them, its hard to see because they are so small but they look little transparent. Im really getting desperate. I've been thinking that maybe they are caused by demodex. Hard to say, but this itching is really weird and annoying, I haven't found anyone with same kind of symptoms by googling many hours.

#27 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Colostrum, interesting. I remember taking colostrum when i was about 14-16 years old. Sounds really scary to test but well at least I could rule those two things out. I will test that at some point. I tried 2 weeks strict paleo diet, my chest acne pretty much vanished and body acne was better also. Face was pretty much same as before. Some bumps seem to be just bumps, like raised skin and they are never alone, they are in groups. The bumps on my cheeck area near nose has something in them, its hard to see because they are so small but they look little transparent. Im really getting desperate. I've been thinking that maybe they are caused by demodex. Hard to say, but this itching is really weird and annoying, I haven't found anyone with same kind of symptoms by googling many hours.

Yeah basically my experience there too. I think colostrum might clear your chest stuff but not your face, which is what happened for me. Demodex sounds like it's definitely a possibility. Second option could be some sort of fungal infection. Demodex seems more likely though