Photo

Mommy's Struggles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 Frasier

Frasier

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

I just want to say that I am very happy for you too, Momma :) Your skin is certainly getting better as we all can see :) :) :)

#42 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey there!

First of all, thanks for stopping by and for all your kind words! I hope my example gives hope to those who need it. All I can tell to those who are in doubt about the regimen is push through it, and it will definitely be worth it. Just a few months ago, I could not look at myself in the mirror without crying. I can't believe I kicked the acne's butt))) I think I am even gonna schedule a long-wanted fammy photoshoot soon to celebrate)) It hurts me to think that because of this monster acne, the last picture I have of me with my hubby and the kids is from the hospital a year ago, when the baby was born. The kiddos grow too fast, and I will never be able to return this lost year back cry.gif. Well, on the bright side, I am 3 months and 1 week into the regimen, and my skin is as smooth as the baby's bottom (well, almost rolleyes.gif ). Of course there is still a lot of discoloration, but nothing that could not be covered with a little of make-up, and it is also definitely fading. Do I still get new pimples? Yes. Usually it's 1-2 new tiny pimples every 4 days. It's hard to avoid that, since I am not able to follow the regimen precisely. I usually work 2-3 13-14 hour shifts in a row before I get a break (+ 1 hr of driving one-way), so I am not able to wash my face every 12 hours... That's when I get my pimple(s). They usually disappear in a day or so and leave no marks. It really is nothing compared to those awful, huge, red, painful, and itchy numerous volcanoes I used to have.

I was looking through the pictures I've been taking, and found a couple that I haven't posted here yet (they were from 1 week after starting the regimen). The difference is astonishing. I will definitely post them when I do the 4-months ones. So glad I've been making myself take them!

Good luck to all of you! Just keep at it no matter how hard it is and how bad you want to quit. I actually found it to be a good life lesson: be patient and consistent, and you'll get rewarded. I think it is becoming my life moto, lol))

Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

#43 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi acne warriors! I hope the things are going great for you all!

It has been 4 months since I started the regimen, and my skin is still doing wonderful! In the past month, I had 2 major pimples and may be 5-7 small ones. I consider it a huge success and am very-very pleased with the results :) Check it out!

8cd312d7f66825b6e9819d98cc8d612647368015e41ab86abffd06373241a147565f7bd347368015

8f241ce7db51b3adbfc2d1a6fb60f13a47368015

To compare, here are the pictures that I took back in the beginning of April that I never posted. Looking at them back then made me feel so angry and helpless... Soooo happy it's in the past! :)

5e8ddca3ee33a0866ad84fdc4b1971754736801586571d74838df5539f42b841d467714a47368015

b6c13c25a6eaffd58dd13c3f639a7c7347368015

Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

#44 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

Great progress, momma! Your skin is looking so good...happy for ya! :D

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#45 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

So proud of you momma!  You're doing so well and things will probably get even better as time goes on.  Keep us posted as you are an inspiration to many

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#46 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Thank you guys, your words mean a lot to me! I am so happy I stumbled upon this website back in March. It would be wonderful to have a 100% acne-free skin, as I have not had it since I was 14, but I really feel I can't ask for more than what I have now. I guess I'll just wait and see :) I sure will keep you updated on the progress.

#47 Alenic07

Alenic07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

Wow great improvement. Your red marks have also been fading quite fast. Do you attribute that to the AHA+? I used the Exposed Acne Treatment 7 months ago and it ruined my skin. Their BP made my red marks last longer. The regimen also has BP, but I'm thinking of trying it cause I am sick of having acne.

#48 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Wow great improvement. Your red marks have also been fading quite fast. Do you attribute that to the AHA+? I used the Exposed Acne Treatment 7 months ago and it ruined my skin. Their BP made my red marks last longer. The regimen also has BP, but I'm thinking of trying it cause I am sick of having acne.

I am not familiar with Exposed Acne Treatment, but Dan's BP was tearing up my skin for the first 2 months as well. The red marks are definitely fading very fast now. It could be due to the AHA, or just the fact that I'm not getting any new acne. The regimen is definitely worth a shot, good luck!

Getting close to the 5 months mark! I'm getting less and less acne, now it's probably no more than 1/week. I'm actually starting to think that 100% acne-free skin might be a doable goal after all. My recent accomplishment is the fact that I don't wear make-up most of the time now! What a great feeling!!! :)

Edited by momma*of*2, 26 August 2013 - 09:51 PM.