Photo

Mommy's Struggles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#21 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

6 weeks

Nothing new to report. Still very dry, flaky, and breaking out. No improvement, may be even getting worse... Have no desire to take any pictures. The AHA came in a few days ago, but I decided not to use it till the skin stops flaking so much.

Hey momma!  Keep on taking pictures even if you don't look at them (even have your husband do it).  That way when there is progress, you can see how far you've come!  I recommend that you check out this girls log:

http://www.acne.org/...d/#entry3266087

She had severe acne that may have been worst than yours and The Regimen worked for her really well.  She detailed her progress week by week.  It may give you inspiration.  I am breaking out too and it sucks (i want to cry at times) but i know its a process.  I am with you in spirit girl and anytime you feel like giving up, know that you are not alone.

#22 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just wanted to drop you some support, like Sasch said, you're definitely not alone in this fight! I just started the Regimen myself, so here's hoping we both clear up from using it :] 

#23 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hi Sasch! Thanks for the link, what a great log! I really enjoyed reading it. Her improvement is truly amazing!

Still can't make myself take pictures, just feel soooo ugly right now. Prefer to stay on the other side of the camera, especially since I am pretty good at that :) May be I'll do pictures every 2-3 weeks instead of weekly. It just brings my spirit down too bad.

I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks since you started! Keep up the good work, and thank you for encouragement!

FlaggLives, thanks for your support! Good luck to you too, I hope you start seeing improvement soon!

6 weeks and 2 days (I think?)

I decided to try the AHA last night... Holy guacamole!!!! This stuff burns like crap!!!!!! I had to sit in front of the fan for at least 30 minutes just to take the edge off the pain. I am understanding some burning is normal, but this was something out of ordinary. Not sure if I want to ever try it again. May be I should just use it as a spot treatment?

#24 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, AHA is definitely something you have to ease into.  Even though they say you can use it at 6 weeks, that may not be the case for everyone.  You may want to wait a few more weeks to try again.  I think taking pictures every couple of weeks may help.  I plan on doing it every 3-4 weeks so next week is picture time whether i like it or not...lol.  Keep your head up!

#25 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi everyone!

Sasch, I wish I have done more research on it before I put it on my face))) It really freaked me out)) I'm using it as a spot treatment now, and it still burns!

7 weeks!!!

Time is flying by pretty fast, since I have a lot going on right now. It keeps my mind off of my acne, so that's good :) 

My hubby thinks that my face is getting better, but I'm still not sure... May be it's just because I stare at it all the time, so I don't notice the improvement))) My forehead is definitely looking better though. I'll wait another week to take pictures. If there is any consistent progress, it should be noticeable then. 

Hope you all are doing good!

#26 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Momma, if your man sees a difference then there is probably a difference.  Sometimes outsiders can see things more clearly than we can.  You're almost 2 months in so between 2-4 months is when you should begin to see more positive than negative.  Can't wait to see your pics.

#27 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

7 weeks 5 days

Hi peeps!

I am getting really close to the 2 months mark, yay!

Still breaking out some, but not nearly as bad, and the breakouts seem to go away much faster. I found out that after BP application all over the face, if I apply extra BP on the problem spots, they vanish in no time. I am still using AHA+ as a spot treatment, and it doesn't burn as bad anymore, just a little sting (I am actually starting to like the feeling, hehe). May be I'll try to do the all-over-the-face application again. Another good thing is that it seems like my face is finally starting to adjust to the full amount of BP, the flakiness is going down! Overall, I am pretty happy with how everything is going right now smile.png

Last, but not least, I finally took some pics...

Let me know what you think!!! Thanks smile.png

2511da2fb7db3545a0304b353e09a3ca43e81a15

468a50ed3023c1440362b1641ab53a7343e81a15

81ef9dd65dd12d4b97cf573c3d2f298f43e81a15

Edited by momma*of*2, 21 May 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#28 Ruweyda

Ruweyda

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I can deffo see the differences hang in there am 100% sure yu will be clear another 2 months cheer.gif

#29 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Lots of improvement! That's great that your face is adjusting to the BP, keep going strong! You'll be clear before you know it :)

#30 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thanks guys, your opinions mean a lot to me! I guess I am afraid of getting disappointed, so I keep convincing myself that' there is no progress :)

#31 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Momma- the difference is quite clear.  If you were to take away the hyperpigmentation and redness from the pictures, the amount of acne you actually have seemed to have decreased by 40-50 percent.  You ae on the right path and in the next few months i wouldn't be suprised if your only issue was addressing the hyperpigmentation.

#32 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sasch, thank you! I can tell now, it is definitely getting better! How are you doing? Any improvement yet?

Soooo... I completely lost count how many weeks it has been!
My skin is doing great! Looks so much better than a month ago! I still get little breakouts here and there, but considering the tremendous amount of stress and lack of sleep I've been going through for the past couple of weeks, it is really nothing. Besides, I have not been 100% clear since I was 14, so I really doubt the regiment will clear my acne completely. However, I can definitely live with the way my skin is right now. My routine is gonna get all wacked out pretty soon though, since I finally got a job (which means even more stress, even less sleep + 12 hour night shifts). I hope my skin doesn't react too bad to this...

#33 carwinns

carwinns

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Sasch, thank you! I can tell now, it is definitely getting better! How are you doing? Any improvement yet?

My skin is doing great! Looks so much better than a month ago! I still get little breakouts here and there, but considering the tremendous amount of stress and lack of sleep I've been going through for the past couple of weeks, it is really nothing. Besides, I have not been 100% clear since I was 14, so I really doubt the regiment will clear my acne completely. However, I can definitely live with the way my skin is right now. My routine is gonna get all wacked out pretty soon though, since I finally got a job (which means even more stress, even less sleep + 12 hour night shifts). I hope my skin doesn't react too bad to this...

Do you take any supplements? I hear B complex vitamins are a good, natural stress reliever.

And you never know how well the regimen will work! I think you can see even further improvements while keeping a solid regimen going. You might experience a few bumps while switching jobs, but if you keep with it, it will work :)

#34 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Momma, Carwinns is right.  The regimen may just be what you need.  There is a fellow orger (thereishope) who had acne worse than yours and she's clear on The Regimen so don't lose hope.  i am so happy that you are seeing improvement!  Can't wait to see the results at the end of 3 months and congrats on the new job - very exciting stuff!

#35 momma*of*2

momma*of*2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hey everybody!

Hope you all are doing good!

I started a new job, and it seems like my skin has taken a little step back... The problem is that I work such long shifts (13-14 hours + 1hr of driving one way), that I am not able to wash my face every 12 hours. I have a couple of small pimples, but no cycts... So overall I can't complain! I can see my skin looking pretty clear in the nearest future :)

Do you take any supplements? I hear B complex vitamins are a good, natural stress reliever.

And you never know how well the regimen will work! I think you can see even further improvements while keeping a solid regimen going. You might experience a few bumps while switching jobs, but if you keep with it, it will work smile.png

I take multivitamins every now and then, I'll look into B complex, thanks!

Thank you for your support :)

Momma, Carwinns is right.  The regimen may just be what you need.  There is a fellow orger (thereishope) who had acne worse than yours and she's clear on The Regimen so don't lose hope.  i am so happy that you are seeing improvement!  Can't wait to see the results at the end of 3 months and congrats on the new job - very exciting stuff!

Thanks Sasch! It would be nice to be 100% clear, but it sounds so unrealistic)) I don't want to be disappointed in the end, that's why I am hoping for mostly clear skin, not completely.

I can't believe I am getting close to the 3 months mark. Yay! Time to re-evaluate)

5cd43cf05a2085fc50ba89f6ff68bdcb43e81815

fe70367b4e45d8fa0056ba7fbb486bc143e81815

3b0d09c949a82a8e67cd61835659eb0943e81815

#36 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Your skin is looking great! Awesome improvement on your forehead and your cheeks. Keep on truckin' and hope the job is going well for you! 

#37 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

The Regimen is definitely working hun so keep it up.  For some people, it takes even longer than 3 months.  The good thing is that your improvement has been consistent.

Keep us posted!

#38 bobber

bobber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thank you for sharing this!!!  It is exactly what I needed to see today.  Your skin is improving tremendously!!

I too am a mom of two children.  When I got pregnant with my first, I began developing acne on my chin for the very first time.  I had giant, dark red acne spots all over my chin area.  I kept seeing these Dove commercials with pregnant women that had glowing skin... It was so depressing!  

Anyway, thank you again.  I'm so happy for you!

#39 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Momma, how are things as you approach the 3 month mark?  So excited about your progress - it gives me hope

#40 Garrettrichard

Garrettrichard

Human Optimism Machine.

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Just thought I would stop in and say that you're progress is awesome (: 

I can definitely see a large difference in your skin~  Everything that was once active looks flattened out, and it really only looks like red marks left! I'm stoked to see your results when you keep pushing forward! 

Good luck (: