caveman oil

45 replies to this topic

#41 smiley88

smiley88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

I started doing the water cleansing method after a nasty breakout, and it was working great. Then I quickly reverted back to old habits, thinking "well maybe if I just use a spot treatment, or a natural mask." BAM! Full blown breakout again. I believe, for me, clay masks (natural ingredients or not,) just brings things to the surface far too quickly, causing my skin to freak out in inflamed pustules and cysts. So I'm going full caveman (not washing with water,) for a few days in an effort to allow my skin to naturally repair the Mount Vesuvius colony that has erupted on my jawline.  Will keep everyone posted. 

#42 *DarkHeart*

*DarkHeart*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

I have gone 2 weeks and 2 days so far without washing my face with even water. My skin is not oily, I did break a little bit yesterday out but that's because of TOM and that always happens. Earlier this month I had washed my face with just water and my face was oily for days from it. I have to say my skin looks healthier when I don't wash it.

#43 Rittdk01

Rittdk01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

This Doesn't work at all on acne prone, oily skin types.

I used accutane 8 years ago and completely cleared my skin. For the next 7 years I only washed with water and had 100% clear skin. Oils came back last year and I started to break out again. I went as long as I could with only using water to wash, but it didn't work and I had to use stronger stuff. Only worked when the accutane dried my skin out.

Edited by Rittdk01, 22 June 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#44 JLopez

JLopez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

The caveman regimen worked amazingly well for me!

I went about 50 odd days without washing my face and kept a log on acne.org. My skin improved by the day (following some initial breaking out in small whiteheads, but I believe this was due to irritation in the previous weeks before I started the caveman.)

I can attest to the fact that you should stick to it if it seems to be working for you because I made the huge mistake of slowly getting back into skincare. A face mask here, a cleanser there, and within a few weeks I started breaking out in cystic acne on my temples and chin. I was confused and upset. Then I came back to my log and had to slap myself because I realised that I had stopped doing the caveman regimen and then wondered why I was breaking out like I used to. What a dummy.

I am now on day 6 of round 2 of the caveman regimen and I'm already seeing improvements!

Regimen: The "no wash" caveman regimen which I am keeping a log of on acne.org. I only wear light eye makeup which I remove with coconut oil.

Diet: Whole, high nutrient, unprocessed foods.  Avoid gluten, dairy, processed sugars and caffeine.

I eat lots of fruit, veggies, eggs and fish and drink at least 2.5 litres of water a day. I also drink a lot of green and peppermint tea daily.

Supplements: 2x 1000mg Omega 3 Fish Oil, 1x Vitamin D3 Tablets 25ug, 1x Zinc (Gluconate 15mg)

Routines: Sleep for 8 hours a night and wake early, walk daily and spend time outside, guided meditation as often as I can, workout around 4 times a week.

#45 Nettie25

Nettie25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

The caveman regimen is the best thing i ever did for my skin. I was on it for months and my skin changed so much and got so much healthier. However, I also started slowly adding things back in lol. I did find that washing my face once a day with a very mild cleanser seems to be best for me BUT ONLY AFTER you let your skin strengthen itself. I didn't start washing again until i had been on the caveman for like a month. I think about that time, my skin had strengthened and rebuilt the acid mantle. I also use a very light moisturizer (organic vitamin c serum) and a homemade msm cream (just pure msm powder mixed with aloe gel)....so as you can see, i added a few things back in, but its still fairly minimal and with ABSOLUTELY ZERO chemicals or heavy moisturizers.

I think i will use a salicylic acid peel every 6 months or so just to get rid of the last of the scars, but no more than a few times a year.

Please try the caveman regimen. Honestly, its the best thing I ever tried for my skin. Oh, also, milk thistle supplements...really really worked.

I tried to upload a pic of my perfect skin but it keeps posting it upside down lol

#46 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

It would be interesting if people posted their before, during and after pics. I'm yet to see one pair.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users