Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Marks

5 posts in this topic

What would you guys call these kind of marks? Most have come up without having an actual zit (aka white head) on them, others I'm guessing are post-inflammatory marks from previous outbreaks. I've had problems with outbreaks before, but it's been zits and then no mark afterwards. These started showing up a couple of months ago and have only worsened (multiplied) and I have no idea what to do about it! How would you treat this? Glycolic acid at night and then a SPF 50 during the day?

post-199747-0-40701300-1364573136_thumb.

post-199747-0-40701300-1364573136_thumb.

A topical gel would work perfectly for that kind of acne. I use epiduo theres a initial breakout but works very good. There's other topicals out there, Definitely use something now incase they spread, I'm not saying they will but its a possibility.

Maybe you want to go see a dermatologist. They can really help you creating a regimen for your condition.

A topical gel would work perfectly for that kind of acne. I use epiduo theres a initial breakout but works very good. There's other topicals out there, Definitely use something now incase they spread, I'm not saying they will but its a possibility.

It could be a bacterial or fungal infection. You should go to a derm or try various treatments until they go away. i.e. If it's fungal, they'll go away with fungal treatment cream. Or you should try 100% Australian tea tree oil. That will zap most types of spots. If it's just a mild infection, you could try 100% crystal alum stick. Just wash your skin with sea salt and water and apply the alum stick to your skin. Use this treatment until the spots go i.e. 1-3 months. You can then use 100% lavender oil on individual whiteheads (too strong for entire face) and tea tree oil for the entire face as required for general maintence.

Cheers :)