hyperpigmentation

4 replies to this topic

#1 trompeloeil

trompeloeil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

What would you guys call these kind of marks? Most have come up without having an actual zit (aka white head) on them, others I'm guessing are post-inflammatory marks from previous outbreaks. I've had problems with outbreaks before, but it's been zits and then no mark afterwards. These started showing up a couple of months ago and have only worsened (multiplied) and I have no idea what to do about it! How would you treat this? Glycolic acid at night and then a SPF 50 during the day? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Image2.jpg

#2 FashionMoney

FashionMoney

Go Syracuse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Basketball Fashion Money

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

A topical gel would work perfectly for that kind of acne. I use epiduo theres a initial breakout but works very good. There's other topicals out there, Definitely use something now incase they spread, I'm not saying they will but its a possibility.

Edited by FashionMoney, 29 March 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#3 JnC4now

JnC4now

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Maybe you want to go see a dermatologist. They can really help you creating a regimen for your condition.

#4 TheKingofAcne

TheKingofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Chess, and Blogging. Not in that order.. but pretty close. I think I like blogging more than chess, it just depends what mood I'm in.

In my free time I write about acne over at my blog and I encourage my readers to BE self sufficient with there skin care. That means taking full responsibility, all the while clearing your skin, all at once.

It's skin care without excuses.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

A topical gel would work perfectly for that kind of acne. I use epiduo theres a initial breakout but works very good. There's other topicals out there, Definitely use something now incase they spread, I'm not saying they will but its a possibility.

Agree on everything here.  Better play it safe than sorry. 

I didn't have this type of inflammation so Im not liable to reccomend anything for it, legally.  No worries though, it doesn't look to be anything a skin-doc visit wouldn;t wash away.

#5 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

It could be a bacterial or fungal infection. You should go to a derm or try various treatments until they go away. i.e. If it's fungal, they'll go away with fungal treatment cream. Or you should try 100% Australian tea tree oil. That will zap most types of spots. If it's just a mild infection, you could try 100% crystal alum stick. Just wash your skin with sea salt and water and apply the alum stick to your skin. Use this treatment until the spots go i.e. 1-3 months. You can then use 100% lavender oil on individual whiteheads (too strong for entire face) and tea tree oil for the entire face as required for general maintence.

Cheers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users