Photo

Breast Feeding + Acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Check out this study showing the countries that have the highest rates of breast-feeding:  http://ourtimes.word...g-league-table/

Pretty sure acne is nearly non-existent in most of these third world countries

#2 TheKingofAcne

TheKingofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Great article.  Right on target with that one.

I've been making the same claims and observations about acne in poorer parts of the world daily.  And though I have nothing solid on the topic (as of yet) Im planning to release a thesis explaining the paradox.

Basically the lifestyle of the third world person differs from that of us Americans in categories.

1) Diet (biggest Difference)

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

In most third world countries, there are no piazza shops on every corner, 24 hour liqour stores, or all you can eat buffets.  (unless you go to the tourist spots)

Manual labor is abundant.  Most of the poorer citizens spend thier day's working outside in the harsh sun.  They lift, pull, tug, play, and generally make the most of thier environment.  They even eat from it...

It's all about environment people.  It's no coincidence that acne doesn't exist in the third world environment.  Heck thier are no coincidences in life!  Just cause and effect.

Thanks for the food for thought.

- The king of acne.

Study of tea Tree Oils from 1965

#3 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

13% for US for 6 months. Hm. That's kind of sad. And absolutely 100% contributes to the acne problem.

#4 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I've been making the same claims and observations about acne in poorer parts of the world daily.  And though I have nothing solid on the topic (as of yet) Im planning to release a thesis explaining the paradox.

Basically the lifestyle of the third world person differs from that of us Americans in categories.

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

In most third world countries, there are no piazza shops on every corner, 24 hour liqour stores, or all you can eat buffets.  (unless you go to the tourist spots)

Manual labor is abundant.  Most of the poorer citizens spend thier day's working outside in the harsh sun.  They lift, pull, tug, play, and generally make the most of thier environment.  They even eat from it...

It's all about environment people.  It's no coincidence that acne doesn't exist in the third world environment.  Heck thier are no coincidences in life!  Just cause and effect.

- The king of acne.

You make valid points, but I think the reason why some of us get acne in westernized nations is because of not being properly breast fed.

Have you treated/cured your acne btw?

#5 TheKingofAcne

TheKingofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

- The king of acne.

You make valid points, but I think the reason why some of us get acne in westernized nations is because of not being properly breast fed.

Have you treated/cured your acne btw?

Cured?  Nope, not yet.  Im just maintaining clear skin.  I know if I stopped my maintenance, then my pimples and zits will come back.  Fast.

And you also make a very valid point that I haven't even thought of.  thanks for that.  This is why I love discussing the subject.

On that note, i'd like to say that I was in fact breast-fed.  Was I breast-fed within the doctor reccommended standards?  I have no idea... Great food for thought though.  Thanks for this.

Ill ask my mother about it later after a little research.  Its gonna be wierd!  :nag:

#6 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

how do you manage your acne?

#7 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Yes. I was breast fed. My parents didn't have money to spare and my mother didn't work until later. And I'm fairly sure my parents were as well as i dont think they had money either what with a depression and all. And my father and his mother had acne. I believe my grandmother grew out of it as she gave me the advice she was given about cleaning her face with a brush and getting her flapper hair off her face. Apparently those things 'worked' for her. My father never did, although I suspect that the acne he got at the end was really rosacea and the same citrus intolerance I got.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#8 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

I was breast fed and have suffered with absolutely horrible acne, other skin problems and general health problems my entire life. I don't think there is a connection.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#9 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I was breast fed and have suffered with absolutely horrible acne, other skin problems and general health problems my entire life. I don't think there is a connection.

Wait just a minute deja, was your mom breast fed? 

#10 TheKingofAcne

TheKingofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

how do you manage your acne?

I manage my acne through A diet I corrected with trial and error.  After I started digesting everything I can about essential oils, I started to learn about tracking methods.  I tweaked my skin care method based on the results I saw. 

And anyone can do that, they just need to go out and try different things.

It would be outright redundant for me to give you exactly what im doing now!  Just because my regiment is tailored to me only.. and will not work (with the same effectiveness) for someone else. 

I will say that I did stop drinking milk products completely.  It worked in my favor.

If you want to talk more send me a message!

Wishing you the best

- The King of Acne

#11 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Wait just a minute deja, was your mom breast fed? 

Yeah both my parents were. I'm not sure about my Grandparents on either side, but I imagine they were too. They all came from poor families and it wouldn't have made much sense for them to buy formula when they had baby food for free. But I'm not 100 percent sure.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#12 foreverbold

foreverbold

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

- The king of acne.

Why assume everyone is American here? we're all from different parts of the world on the website and we're all experiencing acne to some degree. The "American diet" is irrelevant.

Morning skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser
- Panoxyl B.P
- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)

Night time skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser
- Panoxyl B.P
- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)

#13 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

- The king of acne.

Why assume everyone is American here? we're all from different parts of the world on the website and we're all experiencing acne to some degree. The "American diet" is irrelevant.

True, but the american diet probably causes much more severe acne, i presume

#14 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

And the American diet isn't just in America. And our definition of it can be overlayed onto many other diets with similar features. People just have an easier time visualizing the American diet