Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Quit Or Not To Quit

11 posts in this topic

hey,

so my regimen is:

Clean & Clear deep cream wash

Dan's BP

Neutrogena oil free moisturiser.

Ive been doing this for around 6 weeks-ish. And i can confidently say that my acne has seen little to no improvement, it is still mild/moderate, with a few 'poppable spots' always being on my face along with a ton of 'smooth red spots'. Before anyone asks, yes i am following the rules strictly and using plenty of bp etc, but the lack of results is making me consider quitting. I know for some people it takes months to see results, but my acne is not awful. :(

Thanks

oh, and if this helps - i think im getting to the end of the 'dryness stage' (touch wood), hoping it might be a turning point? idk :(

hey,

so my regimen is:

Clean & Clear deep cream wash

Dan's BP

Neutrogena oil free moisturiser.

Ive been doing this for around 6 weeks-ish. And i can confidently say that my acne has seen little to no improvement, it is still mild/moderate, with a few 'poppable spots' always being on my face along with a ton of 'smooth red spots'. Before anyone asks, yes i am following the rules strictly and using plenty of bp etc, but the lack of results is making me consider quitting. I know for some people it takes months to see results, but my acne is not awful. sad.png

Thanks

oh, and if this helps - i think im getting to the end of the 'dryness stage' (touch wood), hoping it might be a turning point? idk sad.png

1 person likes this

^^^ I agree. I'd definitely change that and give it another 6 weeks and see if you notice any difference.

I also agree. Try changing your face wash first to one of Dan's recommended products. But you should also stick with it for at least 3 months. I didn't see any results until my 2 and a half month mark. It got worse before it got better. I'm almost on my 4th month now and I have no acne, just a lot of hyper pigmentation.

AM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple protecting light moisturize

PM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple replenishing rich moisturizer

Recommendations for a good cleanser then? Needs to have good reviews because I'm one of those people who go by them even though I know I shouldn't. I have cetaphil gentle cleanser in the cupboard, any better ones?

I love my purpose cleansing bar. That's what I use now. I've also used Olay foaming wash for sensitive skin when I was on retin-a and that was great too. I personally don't like cetaphil bc I have such oily skin, it feels like I'm washing with lotion! But if you have dry skin that's great to use I've heard.

AM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple protecting light moisturize

PM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple replenishing rich moisturizer

I had mild/moderate acne when I started and now I have more mild than moderate. Don't quit! But yeah, switch cleansers. The one from Dan is pretty good but another one I love that Dan also recommended is the Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin. It's made my skin soft too :)

Recommendations for a good cleanser then? Needs to have good reviews because I'm one of those people who go by them even though I know I shouldn't. I have cetaphil gentle cleanser in the cupboard, any better ones?

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome :)

I just can't seem to find one with good reviews AND a friendly ingredient list

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome smile.png

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome smile.png

Morning skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser

- Panoxyl B.P

- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)

Night time skin care routine:

- Cetaphil gentle cleanser

- Panoxyl B.P

- Cetaphil daily moisturizer (applied generously)