Photo

Dan's Moisturizer-Good At Hiding The Flakes But Not Moisturizing Enough?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ghiggz

Ghiggz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I've been on Dan's Regimen for about 2 weeks now, but I've been using benzoyl peroxide for over a year already so I didn't notice a tremendous increase in dryness or redness like some people who start the regimen do. However, I am starting to notice some pretty deep wrinkles forming where my laugh lines are in between my mouth and my nose and they're really starting to worry me. Plus, I've been moisturizing like crazy with Dan's moisturizer, and while it does help a lot with hiding the flakiness, my skin still feels really taught and totally dehydrated. Also, his moisturizer tends to just sit on my face and sort of glob up sometimes. 

I'm starting to think Dan's moisturizer might not be moisturizing enough for me, if that makes any sense. Are there any recommended intensive moisturizers out there that anyone can vouch for? I've heard people say Cetaphil works really well, but which Cetaphil product specifically? Any other brands? 

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

I've been on Dan's Regimen for about 2 weeks now, but I've been using benzoyl peroxide for over a year already so I didn't notice a tremendous increase in dryness or redness like some people who start the regimen do. However, I am starting to notice some pretty deep wrinkles forming where my laugh lines are in between my mouth and my nose and they're really starting to worry me. Plus, I've been moisturizing like crazy with Dan's moisturizer, and while it does help a lot with hiding the flakiness, my skin still feels really taught and totally dehydrated. Also, his moisturizer tends to just sit on my face and sort of glob up sometimes. 

I'm starting to think Dan's moisturizer might not be moisturizing enough for me, if that makes any sense. Are there any recommended intensive moisturizers out there that anyone can vouch for? I've heard people say Cetaphil works really well, but which Cetaphil product specifically? Any other brands? 

I haven't used any of Dan's products while on the regimen but have you tried adding in jojoba oil to the moisturizer? I found that really helps.

I use the cetaphil lotion but only in the PM and it works really well for me, especially with jojoba oil. My face feels so soft in the morning.

#3 Ghiggz

Ghiggz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I haven't used any of Dan's products while on the regimen but have you tried adding in jojoba oil to the moisturizer? I found that really helps.

I use the cetaphil lotion but only in the PM and it works really well for me, especially with jojoba oil. My face feels so soft in the morning.

Yes, I've been mixing extra jojoba oil into Dan's moisturizer, which already has jojoba oil. I'm not sure if the jojoba is helping me. I feel like it doesn't really moisturize, it just sits on top of my skin and forms some sort of weird, flaky layer. Does it do the same for you? 

Which kind of cetaphil lotion do you recommend? 

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes, I've been mixing extra jojoba oil into Dan's moisturizer, which already has jojoba oil. I'm not sure if the jojoba is helping me. I feel like it doesn't really moisturize, it just sits on top of my skin and forms some sort of weird, flaky layer. Does it do the same for you? 

Which kind of cetaphil lotion do you recommend? 

I find that the jojoba oil mixes in very well with my moisturizers. I use a gel-based one in the AM so I don't look so greasy. The cetaphil one I use in the PM does make me look shiny but I don't mind since I am going to be sleeping.

I just use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. If you live in a cold and dry climate, then maybe perhaps try the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream...it is way thicker than the lotion. Some people say Cetaphil clogs pores, but it has never been an issue with me. Other people have also spoken very highly of a moisturizer called Cerave. Maybe you can take a look at those too and decide which one you like better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users