I've had acne for 7 years, starting when I was 14 (21 years old now). I've been prescribed monocycline, doxycycline, birth control, duac, clindamycin, differn, aczone, and accutane - didn't work. For home remedies, I've tried zinc, chromium, fish oil, lemon juice, l-hydroxy acid, proactive, benzyol peroxide, the acne.org regimen, witch hazel, tea tree oil, aloe vera, vitamin e, vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin B complex, and vitamin b hydration serums - didn't notice any differences.
I have extremely fair skin and moderate to severe acne, mostly on my jawline and cheeks. I have abnormally high DHEA levels (one of the reasons I was prescribed the spirono).
I've been on 50mg of Spirono, 0.5mg of dexamethasone, and Beyaz for about 4 months. I haven't noticed any difference, so I'm bumping up the Spirono to 100mg (one 50mg before bed, one 50mg at breakfast).
I've never kept a log online before, but I feel that doing this online might help be stay more committed to my log and maybe the results will help other people. So...
I'm about to finish Week 1 of 100mg spirono and the main difference I've noticed is the IB. Skin is feeling tight, dry, and some spots on my face have been bleeding.
I've attached photos of the IB.
1.Splash face with 3 drops of Tea Tree oil in purified water
2. Apply Albolene
3. Apply Elta MD sunscreen
4. Apply organic mineral makeup
5. Take 1000mg fish oil, 50mg spironolactone, zinc, chromium, vitamin c, and vitamin B complex with breakfast
1. Clean off makeup with Albolene
2. Apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid
3. Apply Vitamin A cream and Vitamin E cream
4. Take 1000mg fish oil, 50mg spironolactone, 0.5mg dexamethasone, beyaz, zinc, chromium, vitamin c, and vitamin B complex before bed
EDIT: The spiro i'm taking is Aldactone
Edited by shortzi, 27 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.