Photo

Can Any Of These Perscriptions Be Making Red Marks Worse?

marks hyperpigmentation tretinoin benzoyl peroxide clindamycin doxycycline retinoids

1 reply to this topic

#1 windingwheel

windingwheel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, drawing, cooking, coffee

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

For just over 2 months I've been on clindamycin lotion and tretinoin. I use Panoxyl (BP wash) in the morning and Cetaphil bar cleanser at night. I've also been on Doxycycline for a month. I haven't noticed improvement yet, I had a pretty bad initial breakout and a lot of irritation at first, and I even feel like I may still be going to through the purging stage.

The thing is that I have red marks/hyperpigmentation all over. Would any of the things i'm using make me more prone to red marks? Or possibly worsen their appearance? I feel like maybe everything is too harsh on my skin, even though I can keep the irritation under control now. I don't know what to do??

my weekly log

Daily Regimen:

Morning

Sodium Sulfacetamide and Sulfur face wash

Clindamycin Phosphate pledgets

Ponds SPF 15 lotion

Cefadroxil 500mg

Night

Sodium Sulfacetamide and Sulfur face wash

Tretinoin cream 0.1%

Cerave lotion

Cefadroxil 500mg

Multivitamin, 8-10 glasses of water daily, minimal dairy, minimal processed sugars

previously used: tretinoin 0.05% for 10 weeks, doxycyline 150mg for 2 months

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

For just over 2 months I've been on clindamycin lotion and tretinoin. I use Panoxyl (BP wash) in the morning and Cetaphil bar cleanser at night. I've also been on Doxycycline for a month. I haven't noticed improvement yet, I had a pretty bad initial breakout and a lot of irritation at first, and I even feel like I may still be going to through the purging stage.

The thing is that I have red marks/hyperpigmentation all over. Would any of the things i'm using make me more prone to red marks? Or possibly worsen their appearance? I feel like maybe everything is too harsh on my skin, even though I can keep the irritation under control now. I don't know what to do??

As far as I know, the antibiotic, BP and tretinoin will make your face prone to sun damage and might make the red marks even worse. Make sure to use sunscreen while you are on these. Don't forget to moisturize too, BP and tretinoin can be incredibly drying.

Good luck! :)

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users