Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Any Of These Perscriptions Be Making Red Marks Worse?

2 posts in this topic

For just over 2 months I've been on clindamycin lotion and tretinoin. I use Panoxyl (BP wash) in the morning and Cetaphil bar cleanser at night. I've also been on Doxycycline for a month. I haven't noticed improvement yet, I had a pretty bad initial breakout and a lot of irritation at first, and I even feel like I may still be going to through the purging stage.

The thing is that I have red marks/hyperpigmentation all over. Would any of the things i'm using make me more prone to red marks? Or possibly worsen their appearance? I feel like maybe everything is too harsh on my skin, even though I can keep the irritation under control now. I don't know what to do??

For just over 2 months I've been on clindamycin lotion and tretinoin. I use Panoxyl (BP wash) in the morning and Cetaphil bar cleanser at night. I've also been on Doxycycline for a month. I haven't noticed improvement yet, I had a pretty bad initial breakout and a lot of irritation at first, and I even feel like I may still be going to through the purging stage.

The thing is that I have red marks/hyperpigmentation all over. Would any of the things i'm using make me more prone to red marks? Or possibly worsen their appearance? I feel like maybe everything is too harsh on my skin, even though I can keep the irritation under control now. I don't know what to do??