Photo

First Time Using The Regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 acneisnobueno

acneisnobueno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

So i did it i bought the regimen! Planning on doing it right step by step. Im praying in the next few months i see some improvments!
Has anyone seen improvement in acne marks while on the regimen?
Im really excited, but nervous..

Anyways just wanted to share :)

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Good luck with it all.  Now remember that the most common mistake (and one which I made also) was to get a little bit too excited in the first week and somehow thinking your skin is special and can handle the full amount of BP.  It can't, so no matter how impatient you are, go slow and go gentle.

Keep us posted on how you get on :)

#3 acneisnobueno

acneisnobueno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

Thanks yeah tonight was my first attempt i made sure to use a pea size amount.
I will keep updating! Itll help me stay on track.

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

And just remember that your skin will be itchy and red and irritated at some point...just keep going! It will get better! Also, if you haven't gotten jojoba oil, I suggest you do. It really does help when you mix it in with your moisturizer.

#5 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Please let me know how you go! I have tried the regime before (but it was about 5 years ago) and it went terribly for me as I wasn't very informed about it.. and am wondering if I should give it another shot.

#6 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Please let me know how you go! I have tried the regime before (but it was about 5 years ago) and it went terribly for me as I wasn't very informed about it.. and am wondering if I should give it another shot.

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. :)

#7 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. smile.png

I am running out of options doubt.gif, I feel like BP is my last resort. I tried the whole natural remedies thing and I am currently on low dose doxy and estelle 35 ED.. its doing nothing for me right now.

#8 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. smile.png

I am running out of options doubt.gif, I feel like BP is my last resort. I tried the whole natural remedies thing and I am currently on low dose doxy and estelle 35 ED.. its doing nothing for me right now.

For me accutane was my last resort and I'm glad I didn't have to resort to that. The tried the whole cleaning up my diet bit too. Although it did help, living through life avoiding so many kinds of foods that I like didn't seem to work for me. This is my happy medium! Oh, and I also tried the antibiotics and they did work but it only lasted 10 months before the acne came back.

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. :)

#9 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

For me accutane was my last resort and I'm glad I didn't have to resort to that. The tried the whole cleaning up my diet bit too. Although it did help, living through life avoiding so many kinds of foods that I like didn't seem to work for me. This is my happy medium! Oh, and I also tried the antibiotics and they did work but it only lasted 10 months before the acne came back.

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. smile.png

I see you use benzac and cetaphil, I used that the first time and found the benzac really harsh and expensive. Does it work for you?

#10 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. smile.png

I see you use benzac and cetaphil, I used that the first time and found the benzac really harsh and expensive. Does it work for you?

Benzac has really worked for me. And although it is expensive, i am willing to pay the price. Just waiting for someone i know to come back from the states so i can get a few bottles of dan's bp. Cetaphil hasnt caused me any problems either. I know a lot of people say it clogs pores, but it hasn't for me.

#11 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

When I first started following the regimen I also used Benzac and then when I saw that it was all working I bit the bullet and ordered dan's BP (even with the shipping costs to Australia it was still cheaper because of the amount of BP used) and there is seriously no comparison.  Dan's BP is super smooth and easily absorbed where Benzac in comparison was a bit thick and sat on top of my skin.  I found it impossible to wear makeup over the top. 

#12 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for the help guys! I went out and bought the cetaphil clear skin acne control kit for $25. It contains Cetaphil cleanser for oily/acne prone skin, 50g of 2.5% benzac, and Cetaphil lotion. I am keen to start tonight, but for the first week or two will only apply BP at night (busy nursing student, crazy early shifts)

Sorry for overriding the thread!

#13 lostinthefog87

lostinthefog87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

So i did it i bought the regimen! Planning on doing it right step by step. Im praying in the next few months i see some improvments!

Anyways just wanted to share smile.png

The regimen didn't work well for me, but I have cystic acne.  It might work for you.  Don't overdo the BP, use a VERY small amount at first and see how your skin reacts.  Also, I didn't like Dans moisturizer or his cleanser, but his BP is pretty good.  You may try to switch products up if you find that you are getting irritated by some of them.

#14 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Anyways just wanted to share smile.png

The regimen didn't work well for me, but I have cystic acne.  It might work for you.  Don't overdo the BP, use a VERY small amount at first and see how your skin reacts.  Also, I didn't like Dans moisturizer or his cleanser, but his BP is pretty good.  You may try to switch products up if you find that you are getting irritated by some of them.

Cystic acne was my issue and the regimen worked for me. I guess it's different for everybody but my jaw and chin were riddled with cysts. I think its just different for everybody.

#15 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

It definitely helps cystic acne. I get really deep, painful cysts that last for weeks deep in the skin. It is clearing me slowly.

#16 acneisnobueno

acneisnobueno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Well its day two my skin seems to be irritated little flaky. But i know its progress...i just wish it didnthurt :/ and i seem to be breaking out around my mouth.

I have a question i apply makeup around noon but in the after noon or around 6 7 my face feels heavy and i want to wash my face. how do i go about doing this mid day? I know i shouldnt wear makeup but if i dont i find it hard to leave my house. Insercurities and what not.

I use either covergirl aqua smooth or almay clear complexiion.
yesterday i had to use a powder to make my skin less oil looking is it normal
For your skin to look super oil after doing the regimen?

Thanks for listening

#17 TheKingofAcne

TheKingofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

If your going to use the regiment, just make sure your keeping the little things in place ahead of time.  That means changing your pillowcase and washing your hands before you got to sleep.

I've switched off and tried the regiment for some time and saw some positive results.  (and I will test it again sometime in the future)

But what works for me, just might not work for you for whatever crazy scientific reason crazy.gif .  It's just how our bodies work.

My Best Advice:  Stay indifferent, not positive.

When your indifferent, you just don't care if it works or not.  You don't set yourself up for dissapointment because you arent really expecting anything - which is important on so many levels.

Give it a shot.  If it works, then great.  If not.. well then.. *bleep* it. hifive.gif

Wishing you luck - The King of Acne

#18 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Well its day two my skin seems to be irritated little flaky. But i know its progress...i just wish it didnthurt :/ and i seem to be breaking out around my mouth.

I have a question i apply makeup around noon but in the after noon or around 6 7 my face feels heavy and i want to wash my face. how do i go about doing this mid day? I know i shouldnt wear makeup but if i dont i find it hard to leave my house. Insercurities and what not.

Thanks for listening

We all wish it didn't hurt, but it is part of the process. The flaking near the nose and mouth area were the worst for me because I just felt like I was shedding everywhere. My tip would be to carry around a little bottle of moisturizer and apply it a couple of times throughout the day to battle the flaking. 

For the oil, I just used oil blotting papers so I didn't have to apply make-up. I think I just used a tinted moisturizer in the beginning because I couldn't handle applying make-up to my face at that time. 

#19 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Good luck! I have a whole gallery dedicated to the Regime and it working! I also have a link in my signature explaining his regime and some concerns people may have. Stick it out for 3 months if you can and then decide for yourself.

#20 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for listening

Do you have problem areas or are you applying BP all over your face? My acne is mainly on the sides of my chin and my jawline and I only apply BP there, I dont want to irritate my normal skin. A lot of people suggest jojoba oil for dryness, but I personally haven't tried it.