Jump to content

- - - - -

What Is This All Over My Shoulder? (Pics)

5 replies to this topic

#1 racecar22


    New Member

  • Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 23-March 13

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hello Everyone,


My first post here. I am 24 yrs of age. I have had my share of problems with acne. acne scars and all that. But for several yrs, i have had these things on both my upper shoulder. I always thought it was part of acne. After all this time, i think it could be something bad.


Here are the pics, (i am sorry for i grossed anyone out) But i know you guys can understand:





#2 Tom Busby

Tom Busby


  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 187
    Likes: 9
About Me
  • Gender:Male
  • Joined: 23-February 13

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

What else have you tried as a treatment? Does it itch?


Finding an effecive treatment requires trying different topical creams, and based on at least 2 weeks of regular use, you can then deduce whether it's bacterial or fungal or both.


I can't diagnose what you're asking about, but you could try a topical cream that is considered effective on both fungal and bacterial, like ciclopirox olamine: http://www.skinthera...2004/9.7/2.html . Ciclopirox olamine is not as effective as an antifungal as ketoconazole, (www.stiefel.ca/pdf/stieprox_shampoo_pm.pdf see page 10), l but ciclopirox is sometimes prescribed when the physician can't figure out what's actually causing the skin condition, because it's multi-spectrum.  Still, there are better antifungals and better antibacterials.


As of August 2012 the FDA implemented a non-enforcement policy that allows individuals to mail order Rx drugs, for personal use only,  from places like Thailand and India that essentially have no laws about prescriptions. With some research and personal experience with Rx medicines, you should be able to decide whether your condition is fungal or bacterial or both, assuming it's acceptable to you to buy drugs from overseas.

#3 a.p.



  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 425
    Likes: 51
About Me
  • Gender:Female
  • Joined: 11-January 11



Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Those might be boils. Do they itch? If they do it could be a form of folliculitis. Best thing to do is go to a doctor and ask them to do a culture test on the lesions.




  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 314
    Blog Entries: 1
    Likes: 82
About Me
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Joined: 03-June 11



Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Looks a lot like keloid acne scarring but its impossible to tell for sure from pictures, look up 'keloid acne scarring' and decide for yourself (but if youre unsure see a doctor to be safe).

#5 TheKingofAcne


    New Member

  • Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 24
    Blog Entries: 3
    Likes: 5
About Me
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bronx, New York
  • Interests:Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Chess, and Blogging. Not in that order.. but pretty close. I think I like blogging more than chess, it just depends what mood I'm in.

    In my free time I write about acne over at my blog and I encourage my readers to BE self sufficient with there skin care. That means taking full responsibility, all the while clearing your skin, all at once.

    It's skin care without excuses.
  • Joined: 27-March 13

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

It Look like Keloid Acne Scars.. or maybe it;s more cystic.  It's hard to tell from those photos.  Are you only getting them on your shoulder?  It might even be an allergic reaction if it's spreading...


Definately see a doctor

  Study of tea Tree Oils from 1965


#6 orlando158


    Junior Member

  • Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 77
    Likes: 11
About Me
  • Joined: 27-March 09

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:43 PM



i agree it looks like keloid


should go see a doctor

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users