Self Subcision

25 replies to this topic

#21 fleurverte

fleurverte

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I really wouldnt recommend doing subsicion yourself. It MUST be done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon... The improvement you might see is because of the swelling... It is better to have patience instead of risking your skin.

#22 Miko Yan

Miko Yan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

ive been wondering that too, are thin needles really more safe/effective than thicker ones? because it appears that subcision done professionally is only performed with really thick needles (indeed around 18g). And the guy who got massive improvement (judging by his pictures) used plain sewing needles, which are considerably thicker than diabetic lancets.

i have to say i tried with the thinnest sewing needle i could find and it was very hard and painful to pierce the skin horizontally. i cant even imagine the pain with even thicker needles..

You should NOT use a sewing needle. They're not meant for this, so they're too blunt (hard to use + causes bigger wounds which can lead to scarring) and they're not sterile (could lead to infection --> worse scarring). You have to get sterile lancets or hypodermic needles if you try something like this at home, and you have to do lots of research beforehand and be very careful. No sewing needles.

Thanks for the advice, but it took you a while... huh.png

When both the face and the (stainless steel) needles are properly disinfected with alcohol there's little chance of something going wrong.

This guy used sewing needles and his skin is so better that he doesn't need to hang around here anymore.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think using sewing needles for any scar treatment is a good idea, but not because a risk of getting sepsis; a ridiculous claim someone made in another topic.

#23 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

I know it took a while, but I thought it would be worth a post in case someone else with similar intentions would read this later.

And I know he used sewing needles. If you look at his pictures closely, you can see that he got lots of scarred pores or small icepicks where he used it. If you only have one rolling scar and otherwise great skin, it may not be a big deal, but if you try to subcise more extensive scarring allover your face, then getting tiny surface scars can look bad and you might regret it, especially if it could have been avoided by being more careful and using appropriate hypodermic needles (or better yet, going to a doctor that does subcision). Those surface scars are very hard to treat, so I wouldn't consider them a minor side effect.

#24 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I know it took a while, but I thought it would be worth a post in case someone else with similar intentions would read this later.

And I know he used sewing needles. If you look at his pictures closely, you can see that he got lots of scarred pores or small icepicks where he used it. If you only have one rolling scar and otherwise great skin, it may not be a big deal, but if you try to subcise more extensive scarring allover your face, then getting tiny surface scars can look bad and you might regret it, especially if it could have been avoided by being more careful and using appropriate hypodermic needles (or better yet, going to a doctor that does subcision). Those surface scars are very hard to treat, so I wouldn't consider them a minor side effect.

i agreee. he could of gotten same result by getting regular subcision done. instead he traded his rollling scar for multiple ice picks. ice picks are very hard to treat

#25 rentstuff

rentstuff

hi. i like u in that way too

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I got some good results using the diabetic lancets when I did it years back. But I have a whooole lot more to do and I was just lazy/scared/ill and depressed that I didn't finish through. I felt so vain and dumb and stupid.

So wait are you guys saying the thinner the needle, the less effective it will be? I think I used a 31 gauge lancet (higher gauge = thinner needle), and it was so dirt cheap in any pharmacy and you can just toss it out once you're done.

So clean face, then needle then wait for an hour or so before you use neosporin, or do you apply neosporin right away?

#26 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

The thinness of the needle isn't really the factor when it comes to the quality of the results, it just needs to be strong enough to break the tethers on its horizontal sweep.

Seriously though don't do this yourself, hard nodules of collagen under your skin are no fun and they need to be excised (enjoy your new scar), and this is a cheap procedure anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users