pcos vitex agnus castus chasteberry hormones saw palmetto hirsutism

61 replies to this topic

#61 brenmc

brenmc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

I obviously don't know nearly as much as you about hormones, but I think managing insulin levels is the best route for PCOS gals like us. Ever consider metformin? I am. I took it before with spiro and it did help a bit.

#62 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

I obviously don't know nearly as much as you about hormones, but I think managing insulin levels is the best route for PCOS gals like us. Ever consider metformin? I am. I took it before with spiro and it did help a bit.

Metformin has too many side effects and also if it messes with blood pressure like other drugs I can't take it bc my blood pressure is low. The dr. did recommend it initially, but then I found out that inositol is basically the supplement equivalent to metformin. There is even a study comparing the 2 that found inositol to be just as effective. So I'd rather stick with what works at this point. I started chiro-inositol 2 days ago to strengthen the dose and I'll update on how that goes. My insulin was always in the normal range, but of course that doesn't mean much. 

Interesting study about insulin and inositol: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23467955

Edited by WishClean, 03 December 2013 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users